Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Vail lake Koa
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Destinations

 > Vail lake Koa

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
eDUBz

Oxnard

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/15/19 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a great weekend here at Vail lake Koa. Vail lake isn’t currently accessible but according to the staff they are working on getting it done. The roads are washed out and the dam needs repair. They said ever since KOA took over the campground things have been moving in the right direction. The staff also told me it might turn into a no body contact lake, which will suck big time, as the other local lakes like lake Skinner and Diamond Valley lake are also no body contact lakes. They do have lots to do, such as epic mountain biking trials right from your camp at the lower Merlot camp sites. They also have live music and karaoke nights on the weekends, the Bunkhouse Bar and they allow golf carts which I keep telling Nicole we need to buy one. [emoticon] they are also building a BMX track too for the kids which looks pretty cool.

[image]

[image]
Checking in - plenty of shade here with lots of oak trees

[image]
Camp all setup - we prefer to stay at Chardonnay Mesa. It offers great views plenty of shade and good cell service.

[image]
Camp views and great sunsets from this spot.

[image]
More views, you can see the 3 swimming pools and right above all the green trees is the lake.


[image]
Another camp shot - all these sites are full hook ups

[image]
Went for a quick swim in the 3 swimming pools [emoticon]

[image]

[image]
They also have Thrifty Ice cream [emoticon]

[image]
Live music and the bunk house bar


LBZ - Stealth - RZR - Honda - SUPsurf - Fish - Kayak

dedmiston

Valencia

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/15/19 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks gorgeous.


2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



nayther

Burbank, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Posted: 09/16/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have not been there in a long time. Great place to stay if you want to go wine tasting too. My biggest problem with that area is getting there, traffic SUCKS! Did our maiden voyage of the new trailer there, left about noon on a Friday from Burbank and still took 3 hours to get there.


DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz

Oxnard

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/16/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

Have not been there in a long time. Great place to stay if you want to go wine tasting too. My biggest problem with that area is getting there, traffic SUCKS! Did our maiden voyage of the new trailer there, left about noon on a Friday from Burbank and still took 3 hours to get there.


Yeah forgot to mention it’s in the heart of wine country. The traffic out here sucks, lots of people from Orange County and San Diego moved and commute back and forth to work.

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/17/19 03:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Driven by it hundreds of time on the way to Cahuillia motocross track. Will put it on our radar as a close by get away location!


1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.


eDUBz

Oxnard

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/17/19 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1320Fastback wrote:

Driven by it hundreds of time on the way to Cahuillia motocross track. Will put it on our radar as a close by get away location!


I didn’t know Cahuilla had a Motocross track - How do you like that one compared to Palas ?

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/17/19 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You had me at "Thrifty's Ice Cream". I dream of that stuff since I grew up on it in Central CA. I spy my favorite Rainbow Sherbet.


2017 Keystone Impact 351
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn
2016 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Eco-Boost
2015 Polaris RZR 900S

eDUBz

Oxnard

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/17/19 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JAC1982 wrote:

You had me at "Thrifty's Ice Cream". I dream of that stuff since I grew up on it in Central CA. I spy my favorite Rainbow Sherbet.


Yeah, we were pretty excited to see thrifty ice cream here [emoticon] our family can never pass up a scoop of ice cream.

nayther

Burbank, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Posted: 09/17/19 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eDUBz wrote:

1320Fastback wrote:

Driven by it hundreds of time on the way to Cahuillia motocross track. Will put it on our radar as a close by get away location!


I didn’t know Cahuilla had a Motocross track - How do you like that one compared to Palas ?


There's also The Ranch near there, I've ridden at The Ranch for a qualifier enduro once, very tight and technical; I don't think I raced more than 20 miles, all within about 15 square miles and I was DONE!

eDUBz

Oxnard

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/17/19 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

eDUBz wrote:

1320Fastback wrote:

Driven by it hundreds of time on the way to Cahuillia motocross track. Will put it on our radar as a close by get away location!


I didn’t know Cahuilla had a Motocross track - How do you like that one compared to Palas ?




There's also The Ranch near there, I've ridden at The Ranch for a qualifier enduro once, very tight and technical; I don't think I raced more than 20 miles, all within about 15 square miles and I was DONE!


Will look it up. Have you ever rode the Trail race that Soboba puts on every February? It was very popular and I think it still is.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Destinations

 > Vail lake Koa
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS