cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door for old 18ft Road Ranger

livemusic
Explorer
Explorer
Old 1979 18ft TT I bought used, a Road Ranger by Kit Manufacturing... we have patched the door such that it is not falling apart, we braced it inside, still need to get a door handle. It's functioning as a door but it's not exactly good-as-new sturdy. The accompanying screen door is in good shape. If I had to replace the main door, are used doors available? I would hope so, this old trailer isn't worth spending much on. What about a new door? Do they make doors this exact size or what would you do? (I aim to sell this trailer and long as the door functions, that's good enough, likely. The trailer is in good pretty good condition but I have another one.) Will just be somebody's 'deer camp' trailer.
8 REPLIES 8

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will probably have to rebuild it. Mine is not in good shape either and I have not been able to find a perfect match. So far I am holding it together in much the way you are and it works for now.

livemusic
Explorer
Explorer
The door on my trailer is much smaller than all the doors listed on the Mobile Mart supply house listed above in this thread. My door is about 24x72.5. That is outside to outside, unsure how, exactly, to measure.

livemusic
Explorer
Explorer
Are RV doors somewhat generic, in that my size door might be found, used or new? (EDIT: I see JIMNLIN posted a link to a place with doors, I will measure mine.)

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
mobile mart
Check out these door sizes.
Google rv supply dealers in your area....and some rv dealers may know where you can find a door.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
I just rebuilt my door on my old comfort trailer years ago. They are just a framework of 2x2s with foam insulation in between. Not hard to do. Take your time. Good luck

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Colaw RV Salvage in Joplin MO.

Colaw

livemusic
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know answers to the questions in the OP?

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
a deer camp trailer should be sold 'as is where is' I sold my old prowler in a bidding war in a day with some issues. I gave full disclosure and let people figure out what they wanted to do. Price it accordingly and see what happens. If the door is functioning life is good.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....