Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Asking for help.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Asking for help.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

Senior Member

Joined: 08/03/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/16/19 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've said it 1,000 times:

When asking for technical help, the more accurate information you provide, the better chances you have of getting meaningful help. Remember, no one can see your vehicle and no one knows your location. (but you)

Year:
Make:
Model:
Engine:
Transmission:
Current mileage:
Location on the planet:
Recent repair history/accident damage (if applicable):

For motor homes specifically:

Length:
Appliance Type and Model # (serial # if you have it):
Slides?:

If you are too lazy to post even SOME of the information above, well, . . . . . I'm too lazy to respond with guesswork. I don't understand why forum moderators don't make this info required when starting a new thread.

Chum lee

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/16/19 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You people need to get a life. ALL Motorhomes and RV's are IDENTICAL. There are no variations. So, when a furnace does not work, it can only be one model and problem. They are all the same. Doug

PS, I have excellent beachfront property for sale in Oklahoma. 100 acres at $1000 an acre. First come first sold.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/16/19 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

I don't understand what a serial number adds to the conversation.


Generally it matters not but on occasion you will find something like

Widget model WD-123 serial numbers below 20,000 have the following things and 20,000 and above have this other thing

So it makes a difference.

one example is Kwikee Steps. Two different several parts depending on serial number.


Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377


MDKMDK

Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 10/15/2008

View Profile



Posted: 09/17/19 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chum lee wrote:

I've said it 1,000 times:

When asking for technical help, the more accurate information you provide, the better chances you have of getting meaningful help. Remember, no one can see your vehicle and no one knows your location. (but you)

Year:
Make:
Model:
Engine:
Transmission:
Current mileage:
Location on the planet:
Recent repair history/accident damage (if applicable):

For motor homes specifically:

Length:
Appliance Type and Model # (serial # if you have it):
Slides?:

If you are too lazy to post even SOME of the information above, well, . . . . . I'm too lazy to respond with guesswork. I don't understand why forum moderators don't make this info required when starting a new thread.

Chum lee


Totally agree. If the question or problem has no meaningful year/chassis/make/model/appliance/device info supplied to formulate a relevant useful comment, or chassis/coach/model/appliance/device specific suggestion, usually equals "delete" and move on for me.


Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

CA Traveler

The Western States

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/17/19 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

ALL Motorhomes and RV's are IDENTICAL. There are no variations. So, when a furnace does not work, it can only be one model and problem. They are all the same. Doug
Excellent satire!


2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob


RJsfishin

Winston Or.

Senior Member

Joined: 10/16/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/17/19 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just answer the question best you can w/ the info at hand, and quiturbitchin


Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.


Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

Senior Member

Joined: 08/03/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/19/19 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RJsfishin wrote:

Just answer the question best you can w/ the info at hand, and quiturbitchin


That is EXACTLY my policy. No or insufficient background information, . . . . . . . NEXT!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Asking for help.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.