cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Jacks Question

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 1999 northland 8.5 foot camper. It has electric atwood jacks but they are controlled differently. On one jack in the back there are two switches that extend or return which runs both jacks (one for passenger and one for drivers side) same goes for the front. Is there anyway to make the jacks run off of a remote somehow so I can just run them all at once instead of going back and forth or having someone help me?
Possibly something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Atwood-85439/dp/B00R6HKNAM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0CRRK77QPHRC4QV8NRQQ
2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 4x4 LB
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB
6 REPLIES 6

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
kirkl wrote:
So you actually have to kind of rewire them for them to work with the gama wireless?

Yes the way they are wired now you have a box fused with a 2wire -12v pos and neg running to each jack that's switched ,from that jack that has the switch wires run to the pas side jacks

So the drivers side has the needed wiring

You have to either run pos and neg wiring to each pas side jack or from the existing wiring at the drivers side jack to the gamma controller , in other words each jack has to be individually wired to the gamma ,

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
So you actually have to kind of rewire them for them to work with the gama wireless?
2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 4x4 LB
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
I put gamma wireless on my Lance with those Atwoods years ago

The hardest part is running new wires from both passenger jacks to the controller , the way its wired now they run to the switches on the drivers jack

I also found new covers for the drivers jacks , without holes for switches

It is easier to push one button on the remote while standing away than the four on the jacks , you still have buttons to control each individual jack on the remote

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Contact these guys. They made the wired and wireless remote jack control systems for Atwood. You can still buy replacement remotes and controllers from them. Your going to need these components, and to probably disable the switches on the jacks.

Gamma Electronics โ€œAtwoodโ€ search results

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
My first camper had Atwood jacks with the two toggle switches. It may take some getting used to but I was able to load/unload the camper by myself fairly easily.

I think its a matter of perspective: the electric jacks are easier and faster than manual hand crank jacks but not quite as nice as a wireless remote which you can operate all 4 jacks at the same time.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Even with my limited electrical skills, I don't see why not?
You'd have to bypass original switches and find where harness from all 4 jacks meet inside to isolate each wire, but that should not be too hard.
I think the board you linked if for wired remote.
Spend some more money for wireless.
I constantly see fellow campers dropping their jaws when I stand on the site and lift the camper from several ft away.
THIS SET HAS GOOD REVIEWS