cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extended warranty

bsjones11
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I traded in the 2005 and got a 2019 Ventana. The warranty options will expire in April. I had an extended warranty with good sams for years with the 2005 and it payed off several times to have it. Checking now it seems they all have gone up quite a bit.
With good sams the warranty I used to have costs way more than what it did before as you have to lock in the price for 7 years to get the best deal.
Wholesale Warranties has the same coverage and more for half the price. I am leaning towards them but want to know who has had experience with them.
And yes I considered self insured, but the first time I used good sams with the other coach, it was over 5k for the repair. It would take a couple of years of payments to get that.
any comments???
8 REPLIES 8

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
southernsky wrote:
We have Wholesale Warranties. Make sure you call so they can ok the work. Never had any problems with them.

+1
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since you've already had an extended warranty, I assume you know about the contract language. For those that don't, make sure the contract you buy is an "Exclusionary Contract". An exclusionary contract simply state what is NOT COVERED. If it's NOT in the contract, it's covered. Makes things much easier. A little more expensive but there are no surprises. Also, as with any contract, follow the stated procedures as written....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Since there is no such thing as an extended warranty as it is a service policy most policies have language to exclude specific items. Some policies have language that will state that if a non covered part damages a covered part then the covered part is not covered. If a covered part damages a none covered part the non covered part is never covered. Some policies have low labor reimbursement rates. Most require pre approval before starting repairs. Best that you request a list of what is not covered!
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We’ve had the opposite.
Have had to spend hundreds out of pocket for things they wouldn’t cover. Little things like, oh, labor

We spent $1000 plus extra for the “ super duper all inclusive” coverage, and have had nothing but headaches.

Pm me if you want
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We have Wholesale Warranties. Make sure you call so they can ok the work. Never had any problems with them.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had two policies with Wholesale Warranties. Jeff Shelton is above average and they did step in to assist with a claim. Highly recommend them. Be sure to ask for a blank copy of the warranty before signing. He will email it to you so you can look it over to ensure it's the right policy for your particular situation. They are very helpful.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Reality....probability...isn’t the issue, rk. Ease of the OP’s mind is. He needs...needs to get the extended warranty.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
if you’re paying cash for the EW then use that as the initial deposit for a maintenance &repair fund. you beat the long offs and made out once, you’re unlikely to come out ahead a second time.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle