Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Living Space Sound System Options?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Living Space Sound System Options?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Healeyman

Carrollton, TX

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/19 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Powertour wrote:

Anyone installed a sound system in their rig & if so how'd you tackle that project?

We have a Bose Wave Radio Sound System

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-Multi-CD-Cha........+wave+music+system&qid=1577156835&sr=8-5

that sits in the center of the cabover of our Class C.

Works well and sounds GREAT!!!

Tim

Bobby F

MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/19 10:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm installing an older Bose Acoustimas 2.1 speaker system w/ sub, pointing back from the bunk area, powered by a Yamaha AV receiver, hooked in to a cd/dvd player and my TV. Powered from the inverter, obviously. Home theater/music system. Basically just moving one of my home systems in.

At least, that's my plan, which is why I'm commenting here. I'm looking for opinions.

Overkill? Dumb-sounding? Should I just stick with a 12volt car system for sound? I do like good sound, and I think my solar will keep up.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ZVOX sound bar ?

Here is one rvnet thread about using one in a class c,

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22515760/print/true.cfm

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought two Bose Wave4 music systems at 1/2 price from QVC and HSN and are thrilled with the sound on CD and FM radio modes, AM is OK. The AC power cord is also the FM antenna. They also have alarm clock features. If you have AC available where camped, or an inverter, playing CD's is my recommendation. FM and AM reception in the boonies may vary a lot. The unit is relatively small and easily portable but the sound is great, I didn't believe the ads for years. I am also playing You Tube music videos through the Bose using an add-on Bluetooth Wavecast receiver ($25) from my amazon Flame tablet,( WiFi needed for that) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most (practically all) dash radios would have outputs for four speakers: the front ones in the doors, and rear ones that may be going nowhere. Connecting into the rear speaker outputs is one not too hard and not expensive way of getting some music back in the RV.

Mine (older Coachmen) came with speakers in the overhead cabinets above the couch connected to the dash radio. I replaced the speakers with ones that are a bit better and had not fallen down into the bottom of the cabinet from their proper cutouts.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Living Space Sound System Options?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.