cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pioneer radio installt

haney311
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone solved the problem about the reverse trigger wire for my backup lights. I haveI been unable to find the location.
Searching Google resulted in postings saying look for this wire or that wire, with no
results. This colour or that colour wire needed is not fount under the dash.
6 REPLIES 6

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Blue/white wires are remote power on signals. So the blue/white wire from the head is an output that signals things like amps to turn on but doesn't actually power them.
You need to connect the wire from your b/u lights to the Violet/white wire on the head unit.

haney311
Explorer
Explorer
I alreadr have the camera working manually thru the Pioneer unit. The wiring from the rear backup
light is already run to under the dash. Where to there ar 5 blue/white wires, no black/pink wire as everyone have said I need

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The camera can be turned on manually if desired.
To get it to turn on automatically when it goes in reverse, you may have to run a single wire all the way from the head to the tail light on one side and tap into the b/u lamp there.
The b/u light power isn't important to anything else so it may not be anywhere under the dash.

haney311
Explorer
Explorer
My RV is a 2011 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger. I hanged the old unit which was a Magnadyne. I am using the existing tar camera thru the Pioneer. Because of the change the backup lights have to rerouted
To a reverse trigger wire, 12 volts live in reverse, which I am unable to find or have been given the wrong info.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It's needed for the backup camera.
You give us no idea what vehicle you have so impossible to answer.
On my truck the only place you could get it was at the switch on the trans or the tail light itself.
On newer trucks it might go to the computer.
It's going to be model specific.
BTW, I've had the Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX for several years and it is fantastic.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know the answer, but what does that have to do with installing a Pioneer radio?

Anyway, backup light wiring is going to be manufacturer-specific. If you post the year and make of the chassis you have a better shot of getting an answer.

That being said, the backup lights on my Chevy-based Allegro have never worked. I'd like them to, but never really investigated. It's pretty far down on the to-do list.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)