cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making dinette bed bigger

cbndrhsr
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings, I'm looking to purchase a Trail Lite 22' motorhome. The only queen bed is above the cab. My question is: Can I convert the dinette bed to a larger one, using a platform as an extension or something similar. I have not seen this motorhome, its 6 hours away. Before I even arrange to go look at it I would like some thoughts. Wife and I are not too excited about climbing a ladder as we get older. Thank you !
4 REPLIES 4

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you will find the two backrest portions of the dinette are the real issue. A queen bed is 80” long. Most dinettes are only 72” across.

In my case however the dinette has a hinged backrest that backs up to the drivers seat to allow the drivers chair to recline. I just modified the hinge so I can detach that backrest entirely.

That gives me 2 doubles and a Queen above the cab. Plenty of sleeping space for a 25’ unit.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I would be looking for another floorplan that provides a comfortable bed for you. There are lots of Class C's out there.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

cbndrhsr
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you , I'll look into that .

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer life just had a "10 minute tech", about someone using a folding massage table from Amazon as an extension to their sleeper couch I believe. Might work for you.