Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Micro Air Soft Start for AC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Micro Air Soft Start for AC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even with microaire voltage drops to 97 volts, when starting the Dometic 13500 air conditioner with a Yamaha 3000 Sieb. If I add the load support feature on the Magnum to the mix, voltage still makes a huge excursion down and the red over load light triggers on the Magnum remote.

Further, I had to "tweak" the cut in voltage on the autoformer to cut in at 113 volts, when on shore power after the microaire was installed.

If I were to do it again, I'd save my pennies. (i.e. I "fixed" something that was not broken.)

* This post was last edited 09/21/19 12:36pm by pianotuna *   View edit history

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Latner

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Even with microaire voltage drops to 97 volts, when starting the Dometic 13500 air conditioner with a Yamaha 3000 Sieb. If I add the load support feature on the Magnum to the mix, voltage still makes a huge excursion down and the red over load light triggers on the Magnum remote.

Further, I had to "tweak" the cut in voltage on the autoformer to cut in at 113 volts, when on shore power after the microaire was installed.

If I were to do it again, I'd save my pennies. (i.e. I "fixed" something that was not broken.)

? I had no problem running my 13500 with a 3200 subaru with no easy start or even a start capacitor. I bought a honda 2200 for portability, would only start with eco off if the conditions were right. Installed the microair and can start the ac with eco on no problems.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I did not say I had problems running the roof air. I'm saying there was not an improvement on voltage drop before and after adding the microaire. So I need not have installed it for my situation. i.e. I fixed a problem that, at least, for me, did not exist. And it did mean my autoformer did not cut in as easily, so I had to tweak it.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

have you tried to redo the "learn procedure" on the micro air? I have a fast acting peak reading current meter I used on mine as I monitored the peak inrush during the learn procedure with line power. It started at close to 50A and by the 5th cycle the peak reading during startup is 22A on my coleman MachIII 13.5K BTU. That shouldn't drop voltage to 97V. The peak current is the same 22A when started from my honda 2200A.

It's worked wonders for us, we can now start and run the AC on one honda 2200 at altitudes up to 7000ft. Starts fine at those altitudes even in eco mode.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ktmrfs,

It only does the voltage drop on generator power. Not on shore power. Microaire specifies that learning is to be done on shore power.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Micro Air Soft Start for AC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.