Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Bus crash on Utah 12
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Bus crash on Utah 12

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
RAS43

Littleton,CO

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

It used to be that September/October was a great time to go places since school was back in session. But not any more, now it's a ton of old people out and about. I figure there's now three seasons: High Season, Low Season, and Geezer Season.

We were at Yellowstone a couple years ago during the last week of September and it was nearly as crowded as peak summer season. Lots of lines, no parking, and busy shops and cafe's. Crazy. We left the day before Fishing Bridge Campground closed for the season, and were just amazed at the number of people.

According to the State Patrol this was a tour bus full of Chinese tourists. Don't know if they were "geezers" or not.
As for crowds, we were in Yellowstone last September and the number of tour buses with foreigners was amazing. We stayed at a campground in nearby Idaho and every morning large numbers of buses were headed toward the park. It is happening in many parks.

ryoung

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

It's not that I don't like it, although I don't care for posting of accidents with fatalities, in general, I don't understand the posting of it in the first place. It has nothing to do with RV'ing.

Let the moderators determine whether the post is appropriate or not.
It's their job; not yours.

ryoung

2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ryoung wrote:

Quote:

It's not that I don't like it, although I don't care for posting of accidents with fatalities, in general, I don't understand the posting of it in the first place. It has nothing to do with RV'ing.

Let the moderators determine whether the post is appropriate or not.
It's their job; not yours.

ryoung
I'm sorry, did I say that it was not appropriate, or was I offering an opinion about the content of the thread vis-a-vis RV'ing. Very similar to offering an opinion on gas vs diesel threads.

I opined that a thread about a fatal tour bus wreck in Utah, has very little to do with RV'ing in general. Keeping the thread open is not my question, but rather the point of the thread in the first place.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ryoung

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 10:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

RV'ing subject? I thought it was a tour bus.

fj12ryder wrote:

It has nothing to do with RV'ing.

By posing the question as to whether the post is an RV subject, you are, in fact, determining that it is not appropriate here.

That's why I said leave it to the moderator to decide.

ryoung

* This post was edited 09/22/19 11:09pm by ryoung *

run100

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/19 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

I'm ALWAYS interested in the forensics of motorhome and bus accidents,..... might learn something useful. I would love to be able to investigate each one.
I know it's almost always "pilot error", but I want to know exactly what the driver did wrong, and why.

Same here! Knowing what causes collisions can help in finding ways to prevent them. Also, the hope is that knowledge may change driver behavior.

2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 01:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

RV'ing subject? I thought it was a tour bus. Are we just supposed to gawk and look at the wreckage? Why post about a disaster where people were killed? What does a person learn about this wreck? Don't ride in a tour bus?

Well said.

Gee Whiz - another tragedy - better post it for the ghouls.

Same thing that was covered on local and national news..[emoticon]

*If* you missed it - you live in a cave, with no RV.

If you can't apply whatever "lesson" might be learned without seeing it *repeated* on an internet site.....it sure won't help (here).

IMO - rates an "auto delete"...[emoticon]

~

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

RV'ing subject? I thought it was a tour bus. Are we just supposed to gawk and look at the wreckage? Why post about a disaster where people were killed? What does a person learn about this wreck? Don't ride in a tour bus?

I belong to several motorcycle forums, one of which won't post links to motorcycle accidents, unless there is a definite point to the post.
I don't come on RV.net to read about bus/train wrecks - I go to FOX News for that.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 05:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe this should have been posting in Around the Campfire or something, but I think it is interesting.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Bus crash on Utah 12
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.