Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing of a complaints post

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
bedlam wrote:
If someone is here to lodge complaints, this is not the forum. If you are seeking resolutions, welcome. Bashing an appliance or RV manufacturer rarely ends well. I deleted the thread and hope future problems will seek solutions rather than pointing blame. If the original poster wishes to resurrect this thread seeking help, I hope the advice will not go against forum policy.

I and most people come to this forum seeking Tc specific information both positive and negative facts and fact/experience based information As I interpret your reply ,I and others may no longer expect this site to be a reasonably honest, unbiased source of information if negative information(complaints) are to be censored instead of moderated
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011
12 REPLIES 12

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
I hope the advice will not go against forum policy

I wonder what policy we are talking about here?
Is a copy of it available to members?

This one. In particular the professional conduct part.

Deleted
Open Roads Forum Rules & Policies
#3. "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. Professional conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the Open Roads Forum.

And you are correct. If the OP's first post was deleted, the rest of the posts in the thread would fall under the "Refers to a deleted post" category and would have likewise been deleted.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I hope the advice will not go against forum policy

I wonder what policy we are talking about here?
Is a copy of it available to members?

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
I recall long thread from the past, when upset member went back and deleted his all replies.
Since he was quoted on several occasions, that created a topic, where you could not make sense of anything. Most of forums give limited time for replies editing, but rv.net is the last forum who will work on members convenience.
They have other agendas to enforce.

I’ll quote you in case you delete yours. 😉

I wonder when the closing of a closing of a complaints post post will be?

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I recall long thread from the past, when upset member went back and deleted his all replies.
Since he was quoted on several occasions, that created a topic, where you could not make sense of anything. Most of forums give limited time for replies editing, but rv.net is the last forum who will work on members convenience.
They have other agendas to enforce.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
So is this the new thing?
When I'm done with a thread I just have the mods close it and no one can ever see it again? Becasue hey, I got what *I* wanted from it.
Sure makes the "Search" function useless.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
This entire saga has been an interesting ride. Most inreresting.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Funny how all those trolling threads stay here forever, when the 1 showing real-life situation got deleted.
Even if OP wanted his post deleted, other participants did not give the permission, did they?

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion that was nothing but a rant by someone with unrealistic expectations.

There’s an old saying about how you can draw more flies with honey than vinegar. There are people out there that believe they get the most service by being nasty and abrasive and demanding.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
You don’t have to agree, but the answer is in the other thread about closing the thread. https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29971275.cfm

That is, the OP was done with it.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Done and rightly so. I was surprised that it was allowed to go on for so long.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Bedlam,

The poster WAS seeking a resolution to a very frustrating and clearly avoidable experience with RV industry participants, who were NOT customer focused. Its pretty clear that he wasn't getting what he considered even marginal customer service, so he reported it to us. He didn't even get an " I'm sorry, we are doing the best we can", which would have perhaps helped him feel a little less violated.

Most of us have experienced this treatment at one time or another and sympathize with his reaction to callous customer treatment.

Irrational, non fact based reporting of the situation, i.e. hot head bashing should not be allowed, which it appears this thread has now been conveniently categorized.

so .. I guess this new 2nd thread about the original closed thread now get closed too ... 🙂
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide