cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV satellite

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about buying a new satellite system. Tail gater satellite and the Wally receiver. Any recommendations and comments?
14 REPLIES 14

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Second Chance wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You should be seeing numbers around 40-50 with a portable dome. I believe 129 is usually a bit lower.

We're in Oregon right now - western arc with a Pathway X2 locked on 129. Signal strength is 45.

Rob

The Western US will see better signals on the most Western satellites so that's not surprising.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
campermama wrote:
Wow! I have never seen numbers that high no matter where I was. King says they want me to send dish in for repair....what can be wrong with it?

Most anything. Send it in.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow! I have never seen numbers that high no matter where I was. King says they want me to send dish in for repair....what can be wrong with it?
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You should be seeing numbers around 40-50 with a portable dome. I believe 129 is usually a bit lower.

We're in Oregon right now - western arc with a Pathway X2 locked on 129. Signal strength is 45.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok how about can anybody tell me what kind of signal strength you are getting on 110, 119, 129, using your portable dishes??

My Adventure Blog:

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
All the small domes from Winegard or King Controls will perform about the same. The Pathway X2 has a much larger antenna and will handle E and W satellites.

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I did not have good luck with the playmaker. I have a pathway and it has worked very well.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Get a Winegard Pathway X2 instead of the Tailgater. The X2 receives the entire eastern and western arc satellite groups. The Tailgater is limited to just the western arc and possibly one of the eastern arc sats depending on the model. Having the capability to use either arc is important on heavily treed sites where line of sight may be limited.

X2^^. I'll also echo using the search function... hundreds of posts on this topic.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
MarkTwain wrote:
MarkTwain wrote:
Thinking about buying a new satellite system. Tail gater satellite and the Wally receiver. Any recommendations and comments?

Correction---- how about the Wingard Play Maker

I am also trying to find out what others think about the Winegard Playmaker mostly in comparison to the King VQ4550!

My Adventure Blog:

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:

Correction---- how about the Wingard Play Maker

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for the Pathway X2. It also has a bigger dish which works better in the rain.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do a search, there are tons of satellite posts and lots to learn....

My Adventure Blog:

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Get a Winegard Pathway X2 instead of the Tailgater. The X2 receives the entire eastern and western arc satellite groups. The Tailgater is limited to just the western arc and possibly one of the eastern arc sats depending on the model. Having the capability to use either arc is important on heavily treed sites where line of sight may be limited.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate