cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New gadget

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
This is the 3rd time setting it up and so far .... so good! No complaints. Seems to work OK. We do take the cover off if it gets windy or if we leave the campsite. It's not difficult to put together after I did it the first time (at home where I could take my time.)

I'm not associated with this company in any way, but did find out we really do like this thing.

About 4 weeks ago we saw another camper that had one and it really grabbed our attention. I was able to go up to it and she showed us how it all fit together. That was IT. We were sold. Next day we found one on-line. The wife ordered it, and in 2 days it was in our living room

We've been looking at these, or similar items for several years now, so maybe the time was right. Can I live without it? Absolutely yes. But now that I've got, I'm enjoying it.

Here's a link to one web site that sells them. I'm not sure where my wife ordered it from: Click here.

It might not be for everyone, but its now part of our camping arsonal. So far, we've really enjoyed it and using it.

Just thought I'd pass this one along. Maybe it will peak someone else's interest.

Happy Camping ... That campsite is Chain-o-Lakes State Park Indiana, taking today. We are at site 137.
11 REPLIES 11

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We looked into this as well but decided to add the 2nd awning on our dinette slide when we ordered our new unit, not nearly as cheap as this is but works for us plus shades the window of our unit. I do like the idea and glad it works for you.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty cool!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Very cool item!

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
We like it, thanks for posting this!
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have one, but the weight of the thing keeps us from traveling with it regularly. It's much heavier than our EZ-UP canopy.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. Havenโ€™t seen one like that.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks nice. There have been times I would have liked to have this over the table for rain or sun. Thanks for posting.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Some of the Amazon reviews aren't very encouraging for that brand at least...

Yea, we read some of them too. I think mostly the negative reviews are because folks buy them and don't know how to take care of them, or not willing to attend to them. Far too many seem to want to put them up and expect them to be stout as a brick house with a steel roof. We have 2 quick shades, a screened in tent sitting outside and keeping bugs out, and a portable pop-up port-a-potty/shower. Just like with the awning of your camper, when it gets windy, you need to take it down. When it rains, they pool with water. If you are atune to them, like you are atune to your awning, they work very well. I think most of those complaints are because of their own negligence, not because the product is faulty.

Edit: The only problem I seemed to have with it was setting it up the very first time. I thought the canopy was too small. But I forced stretched until it fit over the horizontal rods. After that, it was easier to set up. This being the 5th time setting up, the fabric is now stretched enough it hooks over those bars much easier now. Not a problem any more.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
How big is it when packed?

3 foot long bag about 8 inches round. The cross members are 3 sections, like tent rods with the elastic rope in the middle holding them together. When they are together, it's 9 feet long. And because the cross members slide in holes in the "trusses" the uprights can be as close or as far apart from each other, accomidating any picnic table size. Ours at home are 4 feet. We have 2 of them. Last week we had a 5 foot table at the campsite, this week, a 6 foot. It works well on any of them.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the Amazon reviews aren't very encouraging for that brand at least...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice! How big is it when packed?

Hereโ€™s a link to it Shade Logic Canopy
John & Kathy