cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mail Forwarding

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
For those who travel around and don't stay put could you give us a short lesson on how to get your mail. I know about agencies that will forward your mail, but how do you find places to have it sent to? I am only really worried about out tax paperwork that only seems to come snail mail.
11 REPLIES 11

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
missnmountains wrote:
We use the goodsam mail service. They will scan and email any documents you request. About once a month, we have them send us everything but junk mail.

Ken

We use MyRVmail.com who actually handles Goodsam's mail. Located in Crestview FL. Like above, they will scan. If you stay a week, we've had good luck with campgrounds taking mail and packages. Oklaloosa Co is very-very easy to set up your domicile too if you plan to full time.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some campgrounds will let you have mail sent to the campground. Most snowbird parks do. You can also have it sent general delivery to the town where you are located providing you stay put for a few days. Always check with the local post office as some require a form filled out first, others don't. Easier at small town post offices. Just go back in a few days and ask for your mail at the counter. They usually require you to show ID to receive it.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I usually have a pretty good idea of where and when I will be at a certain point. I use St. Brendan's Isle out of Green Cove Springs, FL (FL is my "home" state.) I look up a post off in the town I will plan to be at and call or email them the PO address. I get it the 3rd day, General Deliver.. USPO/strett adress/cit/state/zip. Has worked for 10 months for me. Price very reasonable to me. Some campgrounds will accept mail, some won't. I do the same with my mail order medications. Use General Del.. USP0, etc.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
We traveled weekly/bi-monthly
We would check with a future CG if they accepted vistors mail
If yes....we would have our mail forwarded to them via USPA Priority (3 day)
If it got there 1st they would hold it

IF NO...then we would check with Local Post Office where we were going and see if they accepted 'General Delivery' (not all branches do)

And if that didn't work.......have it sent to nearest UPS Store.

But we didn't have very much snail mail to deal with....so we only got whatever accumulated over the course of 2-3 months UNLESS we knew something important was being sent.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
we used to have our mail packaged and sent to a campground address if we were going to be at a campground for a week to 10 days. Otherwise we would pick out a small town post office and have our mail package sent General Delivery to that Post office. Believe they will hold it for 2 weeks or might have been 30 days. Just show your id and pick it up. Don't use large city posts offices because they might hold General Delivery mail at the main post office instead of the zip code that you selected.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't even get "tax stuff" by mail any more - all of it is available on-line to print from our various agencies and institutions (Army retirement, Social Security, annuities, USAA banking, etc.). But, as said, when we want to have mail forwarded (we do get our medications that way), we just call up the Escapees mail service and tell them where to send it. Two days later, it's there.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much Larry, That is what I didn't understand. The only thing I'm concerned about it my tax stuff that generally comes by mail.

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Roy&Lynne wrote:
For those who travel around and don't stay put could you give us a short lesson on how to get your mail. I know about agencies that will forward your mail, but how do you find places to have it sent to? I am only really worried about out tax paperwork that only seems to come snail mail.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I received parcels and mail at a box at the UPS Store.

I usually started by asking the campground office if I could send it there or whether any carriers delivered directly to campsites. If that didnโ€™t work I checked online for a nearby Post Office that accepted General Delivery. Finally Iโ€™d check for a UPS Customer Center or UPS Store.

Once I knew how and to where I wanted it sent Iโ€™d email my UPS Store and theyโ€™d get whatever they had on the way.

I probably most often used USPS General Delivery. One hint. The smaller the Post Office the better. You can get lost in the shuffle at a large P. O. The small town one or two person Office knows everybody. They immediately notice a strange name. As soon as you walk in the door they connect an unfamiliar face with your package.
Larry

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
It is sent to a Campground you are staying at.

You figure out where you will be, then notify them to package it up and send it. Like a one time forwarding until you need your mail again.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
But where do you have them send stuff. That's the part I don't get

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
We use the goodsam mail service. They will scan and email any documents you request. About once a month, we have them send us everything but junk mail.

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures