cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fulltiming in a Class C

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Do any of you fulltime travel in a class c? Just curious, we now travel fulltime in a 31ft 5th wheel Reflection and after 7 mo on road r thinking about a class c
So if any of you are we would so appreciate pros and cons. Thanks Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
7 REPLIES 7

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We wish we could go smaller! Sounds good but realistic I'm not sure! When we pass somthing unsuspected we would love to pull over but can't, not enough space. A lot of people tell us just camp somewhere near and go visit but alot of times nothing else around to see and no camping for an hour or so. We have only been fulltime traveling since Feb.2 2019 so still trying to figure everything out. And yes we have been married for 43 yrs and have camped our whole married life but trust me to those out there that think just because u have camped for years doesn't make u know all the ins and outside of fulltime. We love this lifestyle!!!! Thanks to everyone who has responded!??
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Fulltiming since 10/16.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you want to stay with a similar sized C (31 ft) as your 5th wheel or go smaller? Are you looking for something that is easier to set up? What are your main reasons for changing?

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
We are not full timers but snowbirds. Have spent 3+ months in our 32ft Thor Chateau with no issues. You just have to learn what items are a must and what is not needed. The first year we had way too much and from there took out what was not needed. Love spending winters where it is warmer!
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 28 ft Class C and while I might be able to squeak by on my own there is no way I would consider living FT with my wife. Storage is limited in Class C and mine is better than most. Yeah - it's possible but if it were me I would choose a Class A.
Kevin

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
There would be a reduction in living quarters space, and a reduction in storage. That said, I full timed for 5 years in a Class C.

If you do make the jump, be aware of the ratio of wheel base to length. Ideal is 55%. At 50% a C becomes difficult to drive.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
We full time in a super c after 10 yrs in a 5er. We have seen fulltimers in everything. You can make it work. The main difference you will find is a lot ( a really lot) less storage. If you can get over the lack of storage, you will be ok.