Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hershey Park Suggestions

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

We live about 90 minutes east of Hershey but have not been there for many years and never camped in the area. We are planning to head out this weekend and finding a site seems now problem, but I'm just looking for feedback on a campground. As of this morning there were a few hookup sites left at the park campground, but the pictures and reviews look like super tight space and sites. I know it's only a weekend, but we prefer larger sites when possible. Thoughts on that or any other campgrounds in the area? There are 2 KOA's within about 20 minutes from the park we are looking at as well. We will have 3 kids with us so we like campgrounds with nice play areas and places for them to go "explore"

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Twin Grove isn't far from Hershey and has lots for kids. Getting in this late in the game might be trouble.

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all. Appreciate the feedback!

And regarding Knobles, yes we were there a few times but it's been 3 or 4 years. Last 2 times we camped at J&D which is 1 mile from the park. Very convenient. Another great thing about knobless is the room to park. Last time we were these it rained hard on Saturday so we did not go to the park. Instead we went sunday but after we packed up and there was plenty of room to park the truck and trailer while we were in the park.

Great suggestions, thanks!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
There are other CG's in the area but if your going to Hershey Park staying at the Hershey Park CG is the way to go.That is assuming you plan to visit the amusement Park.
If you stay off site you will have to drive and park at the amusement park. Just the time and cost involved in parking and using trams to get into park outweigh any other advantage you may get from staying outside the park vs. at the park.
I have stayed at Hershey Conewago and Elizabethtown. Both are decent places but they are relatively tight as well in terms of site size.
At the end of the day the Hershey Park CG is your best bet for enjoying a weekend at the amusement park.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with DrewE, check out Knoebels. Hershey is certainly very nice, but
Knoebels has two campgrounds, one right at the park and Lake Glory just down the street. I prefer Knoebels as it is better for smaller kids and you can pay by the ride.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Are you referring to the "official" Hershy park campground? It's a nice enough place, in my opinion; the sites are not placial, but are not completely on top of each other as I recall. I've stayed in a fair few campgrounds with less separated sites. There are a couple play areas and some planned activities/movies and a pool.

Generally, I'd say the biggest attraction is HersheyPark itself, as probably goes without saying. It's not too far away, and they run pretty frequent shuttle bus service from the campground to the entrance. I'd treat the campground more as a place to sleep and eat breakfast and maybe relax for a few hours in the afternoon if needed, rather than the destination proper. Others, of course, may see things differently.

(If you haven't been there, you may also want to look into Knoebels in Elysburg, PA.)

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
The Thousand Trails Hersey location is nice, but I don't know its actual distance to Hershey Park.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page