Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pro Flex For Roofs Vs RV Pro Flex?

BreakAes
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I'm leaning towards using Pro Flex for the sides of my truck camper: a 1996 Lance Squire 8000 with aluminum sides and roof.

I read an article which said that the Pro Flex for roofing is better and more inexpensive than the Pro Flex for RVs. I'm going to call Geocel and ask about this, but does anybody have information on if that's true?

I know that some people hate working with Pro Flex. One of the advantages to Pro Flex is that it can be applied over itself, whereas I understand that silicone can't.

The Amazon page for Pro Flex said it's supposed to last 25 years. I don't know if that's accurate, but it would be nice if it were true.

Any thoughts as to approximately how long Pro Flex will last? Right now my truck camper is stored under cover.

Seems there are pros and cons to each sealant choice, but I'm leaning towards Pro Flex for the sides because it seems the best overall from what I've read so far.

For the camper's roof, I'm still doing research, and I'll post another topic about that.
3 REPLIES 3

BreakAes
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, looks like I'll get the RV Pro Flex then. My camper is white. Any thoughts on whether to the get the White or Clear Pro Flex?

I saw this in another thread. At least going by the comment, seems like the 2300 MHRV product is Pro Flex under a different name, "I had called Geocel and their factory rep said that the Geocel 2300 MHRV that I purhased at the Lance dealership for ($14)is the same stuff as ProFlexRV available at Camping World for ($12)."

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
The primary difference is the RV formulation is stable. It's designed to be seen so it will not "color change" over time. Additionally, it is also formulated to maintain it's properties in all forms of movement where the regular version can tolerate movement but probably not the same as you get with an RV traveling down a road in a storm. Depending on the application, you may also want to check into the Geocel 2300 MHRV.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't say what you are going to seal, seams on the sides and roof or the whole roof.
One is in a can and you brush it on and the other is a sealant in a caulking tube to lay down a seal line.
I have used Geocel ProFlex to seal vertical and horizontal seams, around windows, doors, fridge vent, anywhere except the roof. I think it is easy to use and makes a neat seal line.
Try not to use it in the sun when it is hot, don't have time to work with it. Smooth with soapy water, squirt bottle.
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It