cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Consumer Cellular - No Coverage?

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
For those who have Consumer Cellular, where have you not had service? Specifically where you thought you should have had coverage? Not referring to out of the way places where most phones don't have coverage like Yellowstone. Just looking for places you have traveled where you were surprised not to have coverage. Thank you for your time.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited
8 REPLIES 8

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
chindog wrote:
As previously noted, CC uses AT&T and T-Mobile networks. Each phone has a sim card that only uses one or the other. My wife recently got a new i-phone, and she consistently could not get coverage when my Samsung did. It turned out that she had a sim card that used the T-Mobile network, where mine uses AT&T. After a visit to a Target store, she had an AT&T sim card installed. After that, she is now getting service. And, Consumer Cellular credited our account for the $10 we spent on the new sim card.

Thanks for this tip. I called Consumer Cellular and they told me that both our phones have T-Mobile sim cards. When we get ready to leave Florida, I think we may switch at least one sim card to AT&T.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Vernal, Utah. A year ago in July, right in town, zero signal.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
As previously noted, CC uses AT&T and T-Mobile networks. Each phone has a sim card that only uses one or the other. My wife recently got a new i-phone, and she consistently could not get coverage when my Samsung did. It turned out that she had a sim card that used the T-Mobile network, where mine uses AT&T. After a visit to a Target store, she had an AT&T sim card installed. After that, she is now getting service. And, Consumer Cellular credited our account for the $10 we spent on the new sim card.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to Consumer Cellular's voice & data coverage maps.

https://www.consumercellular.com/Coverage?showLegacyMap
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Our CC works mostly everywhere, only in a few remote areas it hasn't. It has an AT&T SIM card. If we wanted to use our phone in Europe we could get a T-Mobile SIM for $10 from CC or Target.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
My wife has been with Consumer Cellular for 10 years and I cannot remember a time when she could not make a phone call. And we have been in some sketchy service areas. Data is a different matter. In those areas she couldn't access the internet. I switched this year from Verizon to C.C. and cut our bill by $50.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
No coverage in my bedroom at home. Wifes Verizon also has no signal there. It's a small house too.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Consumer's Cellular uses one or more of the Big 3 (AT&T, T-Mobile Verizon) and it appears some smaller companies as well. So they have lots of coverage.

But nobody is 100%
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times