cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4 person sleeping

reveton51
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen some floor plans for using the 4 captain chair configuration to accommodate 2 twin beds laying over the chairs with the front chairs rotated 180 degrees. Is there any aftermarket mattress available for this configuration or is it a DYI project?
6 REPLIES 6

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Roadtrek had this at one time and when I inquired they said it was a ridged mattress. The best description I got was a board on the bottom and a thin mattress on top of that. The entire thing folded in three pieces for storage.

The other option is something like the single seat in this link
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Something that I've found that smooths the bumps/transitions, is a thick (1/2") yoga mat. The best part: it's easy to store while you're traveling; and they are cheap. I've used them to make a dinette-bed comfy; and to make a cot a softer bed. In my dinette-bed, I paid down the yoga mat, then put a small mattress pad over that for breathability. Slept like a baby ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen brochures and units at shows where the 'bucket seats' swivel and do fold flat, probably specially built mechanisms. For use as a bed, get a 3 or 4" piece of (memory) foam and cut it to fit the stretched out seats. Comfort, especially at the hinged places and joint between seats ?? Also check for the comfort of the seats, when used as a seat.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
2 ironing boards laid over each set of seats with sleeping bags on top. Presto! Instant bed.

Sounds very uncomfortable to me.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
2 ironing boards laid over each set of seats with sleeping bags on top. Presto! Instant bed.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m not sure how you get the chairs to lay flat. Our B could sleep 2 children in addition to two adults in the rear. The sofa folds flat and there is an extension that stores under the rear bed so that you end up with two twins or a king (within inches) in the rear, plus a full-size bed up front right behind the seats.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36