cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Liberty Harbor Path?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
What is the Path & where does it drop you on the NY side? How about the ferry? How many days have you been able to go without dumping? Any honey bucket service available? Thanks! Still trying to figure out what we are doing...
4 REPLIES 4

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
The Grove St PATH station is 0.6 miles from Liberty Harbor RV Park and is a quick walk even if you aren't in great shape. Using Google Maps, it says that it is a 12 minute walk, but I don't really remember it taking that long. It was less than 10 minutes for us with 2 kids between 5-8 years old. We were in our 50s and DH has had back problems for years.

The water taxi over to Wall St runs ONLY Monday - Friday during work hours and is $8/per person ($7.50 for sr) and that is one way. That was just a bit too steep for us, so we walked the .6 miles.

While we were there, we saw several people getting taxis to go to the station. I have no idea how much that was, but figured it was too expensive for us.

If you are wanting to be close to all that the NYC has to offer and don't care to have a "camping" experience, Liberty Harbor is the place for you to spend a few nights.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
The path takes you to the 911 memorial. We did it twice. However we liked the ferry. Much more scenic, but there is walking involved. If it's a nice day it's not bad. The path however gives you a transfer so you can take the NYC subway to Times Square.
The ferry to liberty island and the Statue of Liberty is also right there. You do have to take a ferry across the harbor to get to it, I think it's $3 to board and cross to the other side.
If your not at your RV all day the gray tank should last you a few days depending on the size of your tank. I don't belive there is a honey wagon, but they do have a dump station.

Here was the view from our spot!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
PATH drops you off at World Trade Center or 34th St. Grove St station may be a little closer to Liberty Harbor. Never noticed a honey wagon but there is a dump station.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is link to the PATH.PATH information
Memory serves me that it is about 5 blocks north and one block east to the Exchange Station from Liberty Harbor RV park.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker