cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is everyone getting their wiper blades?

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
My blades are 32 1/2". I googled and Amazon offers 32" for 55 bucks. Is that a good price? Do I need 32" or 33"? Does it matter? Any additional recommendations?

Thank you

Bob
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI
26 REPLIES 26

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Walmart, Sams Club, Costco, Napa and some truck stores

JimR

captainmurph
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced mine. Initial search turned up nothing but then I went with the old one to NAPA store and they matched them up for %20.00 (for the pair).

I sanded and repainted the arms and have a like new windshield wiper system.

Now, to add the new windshield washer system!

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
I recently had to replace my wide saddle blades (DYNAs) and was looking at $45 each through Newmar, and about $60/pair on Amazon. Using Google, I stumbled across a bus supply store about 20 minutes from my office and got them for $40 shipped (didn't have time to get there before I needed them). Unityparts.com is the website for anyone who is interested. I recall they had a number of sizes - and no drilling once received!

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I paid less than ten dollars at a parts store in Decatur, Indiana, and about twenty at CW.
Just the blades an two metal strips per side. 28 inches. Looks like I could use larger ones but not sure they will fit the factory wiper blade holder arms.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
RJL wrote:
My blades are 32 1/2". I googled and Amazon offers 32" for 55 bucks. Is that a good price? Do I need 32" or 33"? Does it matter? Any additional recommendations?

Thank you

Bob

I've been getting them at AutoZone or AdvancedAuto and usually the cheapest, as they don't get used a lot and only last for awhile, before becoming hard and brittle anyway.
We've never had a problem finding replacements for the three coaches, that we've owned.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
I found and got mine from FIND IT PARTS....exact fit w/o any modifications. Easy breezy. Very helpful people as well. I like to keep things as 'stock as possible'!!
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't recall the length of the blades, but first time I replaced them a year or two ago, I got the replacements at Advance Auto Parts.

Last June, driving across Virginia in monsoon of rain, one wiper blade broke off and was thrown (lost). Found a Walmart a few miles down the road, picked up a replacement blade of same length that worked fine. Actually bought two of them while was there, so now keep a spare blade in case it ever 'throws' another one.

You can save a TON of $$ by just buying an appropriate sized wiper replacement from an auto part store or Walmart vs. getting an exact replacement from somewhere like Camping World that will rip you off.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Twomed wrote:
Ava wrote:
I use 28s which I buy from Costco for about $10. The wiper arms on the motorhome are too big for the fittings supplied but I drill out the center rivet and use a nut and nyloc bolt. Works fine for mine

Yeppers!....15 minutes saves $40+ that's $160 an hour...real beer money. ๐Ÿ™‚

This is exactly what I do.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are not many options is the small town I live in so I get mine online at wipers123.com. I have been emailing to jeff.jost@8020worldwide.com. It has been a while since I ordered any and I don't remember the price but I am pretty sure that it was way less than $50.

Even though my coach came with 32" wipers all of the size charts I can find call for 28" and in the past I have had to argue with them to get them to send the 32". I guess that they have had too many returns from customers ordering the wrong thing.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Walmart, or somewhere similar, and get a slightly shorter blade for a lot less money.
You won't notice the difference in length.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Costco or Walmart for my DP. Amazing how proud the RV dealers are of the same blades.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my Coach. most anywhere.. They are right at the limit of what I find in the Auto Department of "Superstores" or on the rack at placces like Auto-Zone.

1 inch longer and I'd be into truck stops.

Fact. If yours are 1" longer than mine. odds are you can "Downsize" an inch and never notice

I do sometime have to modify the mount a bit. (IE drill a hole larger)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
And for a slightly different question (maybe):
Does anybody have a source for REFILLS ??
That is, just the rubber part, none of the metal.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Twomed wrote:
accsys wrote:
Even though our coach came with 32" blades we have always replaced them with 28" Michelin blades from Walmart - much cheaper, clears the windshield very well, and less drag on the motor.

x2...for years now

X3
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad