cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Philly visit?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a big trip... Does it take more than 1day for the Independence Hall National Historic Park? What if you include the Visitor center, Museum of the American Revolution & Constitution Center? Would a second day do it? Is it worth adding a day? Trying to figure out how many days we need to commute in since we are planning on staying at the KOA in Clarksboro (the former Timberlane). Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
A lot depends on your interests, of course. I think one day would be plenty for Independence Hall for me. However, two days was most definitely far from excessive for the Art Institute, which is up there among the largest and nicest art museums in the country.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
There is so much more to Philly than just Independence Hall. The University of Pennsylvania has a great Museum of Natural History. There's the Art Museum, the Mint and the Franklin Institute to name just a few. Keep in mind the best Italian restaurants in the world, outside of Italy, are in Philly.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I would take two days and see as much as possible. It is a very interesting area. Use the Phlash to get around, the stops are each near sites to see. Donโ€™t forget Eastern State Penitentiary.