cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Can you use HR54 receiver from home in a FW when you travel?
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
buc1980 wrote:
Can you use HR54 receiver from home in a FW when you travel?

Yes, BUT......
You just use the correct antenna or install hardware called SWM8 and a different Power Inserter (PI2) if you want to adapt a dome or other non-SWM antenna.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes. I have the HR44 which is very similar except the HR 54 has 4K support. I don't have any 4K TVs. It's moved from home to MH along with all recorded shows.

Once you travel outside of the spot beam you'll lose the local channels until you call and have the service address changed. ie ABC, NBC etc up to channel 100.

Both the home and MH dish must be SWM capable.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 receivers from DirecTV in my MH. When I get more than about 200 miles from my home, I lose my local stations (under 100). Everything else works fine. You can either call DirecTV to get your service address changed so that you get the locals from where you are located, or just do what I do: Crank up the OTA antenna for the local channels.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I took my home Direct TV receiver in my RV and it worked just fine.

That was a few years ago. Before Direct went to "spot beam" . I don't have satellite TV any more. I have been told by others that when they travel far from home you have to call Direct and tell them where you are so they can change your receiver configuration to work in your location.

I have heard some discussion about it that implied that it only effects the locals.

Take it with you on your next trip and see how it plays.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. Interesting question from someone who responded in another post about a sat finder.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman