cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Officially a veteran RV-er..

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have been RV-ing in some fashion since 1988. Never have we broken down and been dead stranded. Today we lost the radiator on the Suburban on a hot SC501 bypass. I called Good Sam roadside and the tow truck driver was there in about 35 minutes. We're safe at a campground and the Suburban is at the shop.
5 REPLIES 5

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got the Suburban back a little while ago. Not an outrageous bill for a new radiator. Heading home in the am. We've been at the Florence RV Park in SC. Dang it's hot here and no grocery store or restaurant for miles. In the future we will travel with extras, just in case. The camp store had cold sodas, Reese's in the freezer and Marie Calendar frozen dinners so, we did OK.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
We can top your veteran status by 17 years. Been dead on the roadside only a very few times thankfully. For most of that time had no road service or cell phone; scarey. Now we've had GS and now AAA. I won't get in to evaluating but I do wonder if I need it with a smartphone and my insurance could cover most needs. I have made several calls for service and it's been really helpful some but not all of the time. One has to realize they will only help with specific kinds of issues not everything that can go wrong.
Jayco-noslide

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good news about Good Sam Service!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I am happy that you had such a good experience with Good Sam.

I have roadside assistance and towing on my truck. As my liability insurance extends to my 5er when it is hooked up to the truck. I assumed that towing coverage extended as well.

I spent six hours on the phone lining up a tow and a shop to work on it.

$541 tow bill to move it 7 miles. Definitely going to look at Good Sam.

Has anyone had experience with Good Sam roadside/towing with a bus conversions?
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

GSRoadsideAssis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the post falconbrother.

We're happy we were able to assist with your service request today and appreciate you sharing the positive feedback.

Thanks again,

Zach
Good Sam Roadside Assistance