cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heavy snow in southern Alberta

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Southern Alberta, south of Calgary, has had three feet of snow with more on the way. This is not friendly to RVs. North of Edmonton has not had snow yet but it is unusually cold, below freezing all night every day.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed
6 REPLIES 6

EEWally
Explorer
Explorer
Free Radical, That's odd.....electron, that is.

Anyway, Montana has been colder than normal...uh, make that "average."
1997 Lance Squire 5000, 10-foot camper
2001 Dodge Ram, Cummins, Ext. Cab, 2WD
Our Trip Journal

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
I was in Edmonton few years back and it was minus 8 at night on 8th Sept.
Chritsmas was plus 5 C,,
strange weather but all in all much milder then 30 years ago

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
We will soon be in the Season of The Early Aboriginal Post Equinox. The Snow Eater will come. Everyone relax. More shirtsleeve weather will arrive. The whole Amazon is not burning. Fires 7% higher than the 20 year average.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 kids living in Alberta. One in Edmonton with her family and my oldest son in Chestermere, just east of Calgary. Lots of snow in the Calgary area and the snow shovels are in use. It's only getting up into the low 80s here today and tomorrow, in the Florida of Canada. Lol
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now I remember why I left Alberta. It was cold here today, 9C, and snow was falling along the top of the mountains to the east of us. Dang, I'm not ready for this.

Yeah, unbelievable here!

I live in the very south end of Calgary and its been snowing steady since yesterday. A lot of accumulation here. Neighbors and I have all been taking turns on the shoveling....

Looking out the window as I write this, it's still coming down hard and steady. Going to continue here until Monday afternoon.

Wasn't it summer just over a week ago?

We filled our bird feeder 3 times today. Poor little guys have nothing to eat!

Some guy parked across the street with his TT hooked on.... Not going anywhere for a while.

Cousin a bit southeast of Leduc says they havent seen snow there yet.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com