cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Buddy: "Augie"

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
So I'm hopelessly-addicted to Aussies. Yesterday we picked up an 8-week old black tri-color pup from an amazing breeder up north. He comes/sits/knows his name/is potty trained. The breeder does a lot of sensory work with the pups from day one, so they are calm, friendly, and love people and kids! He's so typical - I made him a lovely soft bed and he wants to sleep on the cold tile...LOL!

Jimmy is not doing so well - he is totally blind now, and starting to injure himself because he doesn't think he's blind?? Still wants to play fetch or tear around with Ben. We're trying to heal a foot injury; I'm sure he has a "black eye" from jumping into our van and hitting the door latch - OUCH!. And he's going back to the vet today to have a suspicious growth checked - it's definitely NOT a lipoma. Sigh... At any rate, he's a good "puppy mom" and will hopefully teach the new guys some good things.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!
12 REPLIES 12

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the new pup. Going through something similar with a new Collie pup. Sasha is now 12 weeks old. Thank God for Sawyer who plays with Sasha and keeps her entertained. Sorry to here about Jimmy hopefully he can give some of that knowledge to the pup.

It's been a wild ride this year with the two Collies passing Mikko and Cooper and with two new Collie puppies Sawyer and Sasha.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Jimmy is the "rock" - afraid of nothing, calm, sweet, responds sweetly to kids - exactly the kind of dog that I love. If he can pass a little of that along to the pup, it would be great!

Mark: I think puppies are like childbirth - after a while, you forget what it's like, so you go ahead and do it again? LOL! Yes, Augie is like a little piranha at the moment...yeeeesh!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear about Jimmy. He sounds like a great mentor for the others. I'm glad you have another to continue your fur family.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
A real cutie patootie!

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
The new puppy is adorable, thanks for sharing her picture. Best wishes with both of the Aussies.
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain (from needle like puppy teeth)
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone! I'm now being reminded of how much "trouble" a puppy can get into in the blink of an eye....>LOL!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new addition, Augie. Reminded me of our pure bread Rottweiler we got over 25 years ago. Lady Augustine Von Behr. Augie for short. She was the best dog and a registered therapy dog. A gentle giant she was.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new addition. Glad you have a puppy "mom" to get the new one on his way.... so adorable.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awwwww! HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dturm
So cute!!
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Aussum Shepherd too.
6 more weeks, and he will have you trained.