Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Egr dpf delete dodge 6.7
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Egr dpf delete dodge 6.7

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

^And a new dpf is about $1200 to $2000. EGR can be cleaned at home, for sure.
Then when you're done, you have a truck that runs good again, for another 100k miles or whatever and you still have less performance, higher egt's, worse fuel mileage and your wallet is just as light from buying new parts as the cost of deleting.
But you are saving the environment.....which is priceless!

A new DPF (Diesel Particulat Filter) is included in the $130 price of the kit linked to above. And yes the truck will run good again for another 8-10 years until the routine maintenance is due again. Without breaking any laws. If I was worried about the environment I would not be driveing an oversized truck pulling a 12,000 lb trailer around. I would be driving a Prius with a tent in the trunk. Go attack somebody else. I don't have time for know it all's that know nothing about being a law abiding citizen.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ironically, even without all the emissions equipment, diesels are better for the environment than gas. Diesels emit less CO and CO2 than gas engines do which are the gases that are harmful to the environment. Diesels have more PM and NOx which are harmful to human health in large populated areas. US EPA emissions laws are less stringent on CO and CO2 emitted by gas engines, but are considerably more strict on NOx compared to other standards like the EU. To say the US EPA policies are bias against diesels and more lenient against gasoline emissions even though they harm the environment more is a gross understatement.

Krusty

Calgary, Alberta,Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Then when you're done, you have a truck that runs good again, for another 100k miles or whatever and you still have less performance, higher egt's, worse fuel mileage and your wallet is just as light from buying new parts as the cost of deleting.

A new DPF (Diesel Particulat Filter) is included in the $130 price of the kit linked to above. And yes the truck will run good again for another 8-10 years until the routine maintenance is due again. Without breaking any laws. If I was worried about the environment I would not be driveing an oversized truck pulling a 12,000 lb trailer around. I would be driving a Prius with a tent in the trunk. Go attack somebody else. I don't have time for know it all's that know nothing about being a law abiding citizen.

Better look again. That's not a DPF in that kit

Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Krusty wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Better look again. That's not a DPF in that kit

I stand corrected.

amxpress

Clayton, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have a 2007 6.7 CTD. You can’t just remove the EGR valve as it will throw the CEL on. You have the EGR cooler, the Diesel particulate filters, and the O2 sensors to remove and add the ECM programmer to compensate for all those missing devices.

2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 long bed
2021 Airstream Bambi 22FB
Equal-i-zer hitch
Prodigy P2
Champion 3500 genny
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don’t know what other state laws are, but in Texas it is illegal to sell a vehicle on which the emissions systems have been modified. Keep the parts. You may have to reinstall to legally sell it.

Texas law prohibits any person from selling, offering for sale, leasing, or offering to lease any vehicle not equipped with all emission control systems or devices in good operable condition. Violators are subject to penalties under the Texas Clean Air Act of up to $25,000 per violation. Buyers are advised to have the vehicle checked for all required emission control devices prior to purchasing a new or used vehicle.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm surprised you still have the emissions equipment on your truck. This was by far the worst years for diesel emissions equipped trucks.

Having said that delete kits seam to be getting harder to purchase every year.

* This post was edited 10/01/19 09:00pm by FishOnOne *

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Having said that delete kits seam to be getting harder to purchase every year.

And if EPA stays on current course it is only going to get harder.

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Egr dpf delete dodge 6.7
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.