Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Imperial Dam LTVA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sarvi

Albany, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am going to head there for a short visit in 2 weeks (arrive around Oct 15) for about 4 or 5 days. Will buy the short term permit and likely stay in a tent (close to the toilet). The reason I am going is I plan to start full-timing next October with my trailer and winter at an LTVA (likely that one??). I want to check it out before I fully commit.

Will anyone be in the area around then? I would love to meet up with some people and chat about LTVAs, full-timing, and whatever else. If time allows, I'd like to hit up Quartzsite also, so if anyone is around there and would like to meet up, let me know!

Trackrig

Spent the summer in Conconuly, Wa, MH now in Vanco

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think you will grow rather board during a long term stay at the Imperial Dam. It's fine for several days or a couple of weeks, maybe, but there's not a lot to do or see around there. There are some nice roadside produce places. Everyone needs to see Yuma, but again, not a lot to do around there or very many restaurants.

Bill

Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Sarvi

Albany, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A quiet, calm life sounds like heaven to me. I've read quite a bit about Imperial Dam, and it seems like they have a pretty robust social network. I'm an introvert, and to be able to pick and choose when I want to socialize is great. Being an introvert and working in customer service positions pretending to love people for the last 30 years is pretty torturous!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS