cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prince George BC to Eureka Mt.

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for ideas for 3 or 4 nights or so between Prince George and Eureka Mt. What to see nice places to stay. Have rig in my post. This is for fall of 2020 like to plan ahead.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.
6 REPLIES 6

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
I have completed that route many times over the years and a few times pulling my old 5th wheel. It is not that long of a drive, and there are no tourist traps or mountain passes on this route, yes the ferries take time, but they do have four days which is plenty of time.
This past summer I drove from Billโ€™s Pond to New Denver in just over 8 hrs and I had to wait for the ferry.
From New Denver to Creston by Kootenay Lake Ferry is just over 3.5 hrs ( ferry wait time)
Creston to border at Eureka 2.5hrs.
Add the 3 hr drive from PG to Bills Pond and the drive isnโ€™t that long.
Yup going through Jasper to Elko is a short two drive, but they did say he had 4 days.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
soup, he only has three or four nights lol. Talk about the long and winding road!

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
I would think about dropping down Hwy 97 or Cashe Creek then head east on Hwy 1 to Revelstoke. Then south down Hwy 23 to Nakusp across the free ferry at Shelter Bay / Galena Bay and onto Nakusp.
Then from Nakusp south on Hwy 6 to New Denver.
From New Denver head over the hump on Hwy 31-A to Kaslo.
From Kaslo follow Hwy 31 to the Balfour Ferry, where you join up with Hwy 3-A .
Take the Kootenay Lake Ferry across Kootenay Lake ( longest free ferry in the world) on Hwy 3-A to Creston BC.
Then head east on Hwy 3 through Cranbrook all the way to Elko BC where you head south across the Canada USA boarder to Eureka MT.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
PG visitor center loans bikes and fishing poles and you can leave your rig there during the day. Jasper's lakes are beautiful - picnic, hike, swim, canoe, etc. and a ride up to the tram station is worth the view. You can boondock away from the downtown area. Dump and fill near the campground/ Tekarra Lodge area. Ask around- it's free in season.

We prefer Peyto Lake vs. Lake Louise, and if you detour a bit then Canmore is a pretty little resort town.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Is it still snowing in Montana? You'd better plan for that, too, based on recent weather patterns.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not much to do or see between PG and McBride as you probably know.:)However the Robson valley is beautiful in the fall on a sunny day with leaves turned and snow on the peaks. Plan for a day around Jasper and the Icefields Parkway if you are not familiar with them.
Kootenay National Park and the Columbia valley are also very scenic so take your time.