cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Winnebago trailer line coming out?

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I've been a bit of a Grand Design fan since they first came out, and thought some of their floor plans were pretty ground breaking. Apparently so did much of the industry, as they have been copied by many.

I'm also a fan of slightly smaller trailers that still offer a nice travelling experience. One of those was the Imagine 2150, which was one of their first, and I though one of their best. Well it has disappeared from their website for the new model year.

At some point recently, I read a comment from somebody around here, disliking the Imagine line, but also really liking the Winnebago products. As it happens, Winnebago owns Grand Design. I perused their website and noticed they have a new line of trailers named Voyage. Low and behold their first product, a 2427RB, is that same floor plan, but spruced up and a bit larger. It also has a significantly higher payload rating. I think it looks pretty nice, and now have a new line to window shop.

Almost the perfect couples rig, for my way of thinking.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
6 REPLIES 6

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
While some sites claim to show the floor plan of this one I haven’t seen any pictures yet. One dealer reported an overall height of 11’6” which is tooooo much for anything but RV parks.

I would 100% look for a different sales person and or dealer.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
One dealer reported an overall height of 11’6” which is tooooo much for anything but RV parks.

Why??
My TTs have all been taller than that. I always boondock. Only a once did a tree branch slow me down. We removed it (dead pine tree branch) and solved the problem.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
The exterior bedroom door would be real handy if you're in a location where you can't extend the slide but need access to the bedroom. As for the interior bedroom door, that's a major feature for me. We don't keep the same hours and I would like to be able to make a little noise in the morning without waking her, likewise at night when I'm snoozed and she's not.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice floorplan. Large shower is a plus, the king bed option is unexpected and great. Interesting that the do not offer the usual booth dinette. Not a fan of fridge in the slide, but not a deal breaker by any means. I see no need for an exterior bedroom door in a couples trailer, and the bedroom wall with sliding door is also a pain. The fresh water and waste tank capacities are impressive, and a welcome addition in a small trailer. They finally figured out that with a couple, the gray tank fills up first, so make it larger.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
They also look to be thinking of boondockers.
Mid size tt's with 50 gallon fresh and black tanks, and a 100 gallon grey tank.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
While some sites claim to show the floor plan of this one I haven’t seen any pictures yet. One dealer reported an overall height of 11’6” which is tooooo much for anything but RV parks.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad