Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What do you want in a campground?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> What do you want in a campground?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
RollTideCamp

Tuscaloosa

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Bert Ackerman wrote:

I'd like the next site to be so close my awning rubs the occupants trailer when the wind blows, lots of lights left on all night including jumpers in 7 ways to turn on running lights, lots of concrete, and maybe a few dogs left alone all day in rigs that bark continuously at every noise they hear, or everything they see. That would be perfect. Perhaps a golf cart screaming by every 15 seconds too, but don't want to get greedy. Could I also get 4 or 5 bucket lights strung up in the only tree on the property?

HAHAHAHA I have experienced all of those things on more than one occasion. I'd like to add that I'm quite fond of campground roads that are no wider than your rv and lined with trucks and cars so you can't possibly back into your site. Another nice touch is the neighbor that invites 50 people for a party, a dozen vehicles show up and park all over the place and kegs of beer roll out of the bed of a couple of the pickups that arrive. Oh how much we love that. We always hope we get to camp next to where these things are occurring. AWESOME experiences!

If they roll out kegs on the site next to us, the family and I are coming over with a couple of solo cups!!

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Appreciate the variety. Ironically, we've found that at some of the more natural campgrounds(which we prefer) where you can't see a neighbor we are less likely to meet people and make friends(which we don't prefer) whereas the opposite at a more open campground.

Jayco-noslide

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RollTideCamp wrote:

If they roll out kegs on the site next to us, the family and I are coming over with a couple of solo cups!!

I was CG host. Friday night, loud party on 3 sites together. Called ranger, called manager. No help. "But that big group comes twice a year" Saturday other campers complained to me, I listed their site number, and asked if they would cover me. Went into the office, made up and printed 4 copies of a hand-bill. Took a stack of blank paper, and started walking down the road. When I got to where people on the target sites could see me, I started putting a blank paper on each picnic table. As I passed the site of party, without putting one on the table somebody asked "What is that?" So I showed them the hand-bill...
FREE FOOD
FREE BEER
SITE ###
come when the music starts
stay until the beer is gone

Music never started.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of your responses where you state all the things we all dislike really aren't all that cute.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

RollTideCamp wrote:

I was CG host. Friday night, loud party on 3 sites together. Called ranger, called manager. No help. "But that big group comes twice a year" Saturday other campers complained to me, I listed their site number, and asked if they would cover me. Went into the office, made up and printed 4 copies of a hand-bill. Took a stack of blank paper, and started walking down the road. When I got to where people on the target sites could see me, I started putting a blank paper on each picnic table. As I passed the site of party, without putting one on the table somebody asked "What is that?" So I showed them the hand-bill...
FREE FOOD
FREE BEER
SITE ###

Music never started.

LOL!

You won the internet today.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco-noslide wrote:

Some of your responses where you state all the things we all dislike really aren't all that cute.

And some folks on this board have no sense of humor whatsoever, but who is counting?

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

RollTideCamp wrote:

FREE FOOD
FREE BEER
SITE ###

Music never started.

LOL!

You won the internet today.

The managers at the campground did not like my attitude. But that was not our only conflict...

JusBud

Right Here

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Tell me about it.

I was on a commercial campsite, err, parking lot and was sandwiched between two groups drinking on loud music past curfew.

I complained to the campsite administrator.

Got a dismissive response saying: they are regular (and I'm just a poor two night transient -- turned overnighter).

We just went through that
I think we were the only people that actually pulled in for their 2 night minimum
Everyone else were full timers. Actually it's a killer deal. About $100 a month and they can leave all their junk there. And they buy the next space and put up a patio deck.
Then there's the barking dog contest and who has the loudest boom box.
You can't complain since there's nobody after hours and the employee lives in the campground lol

Rustycamperpants

Sugar Grove, Il.

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Full hook ups, large site, good drainage for less mud, Nice bathrooms, shaded sites.

2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/19 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still enjoying this thread and making me realize that I actually like variation. My first response was based around a standard camping trip in which I prefer the state park "Tent camping" type experience but with hookups. While this is true when we are doing a typical family camping trip, a lot of the posts following mine complaining about noise and music got me thinking that it really all depends. We used to be seasonal and loved partying at the campground. Myself and a few others had guitars going, big fires, it was a blast. Some folks reading this I'm sure are rolling their eyes, but while we are not seasonal now I still love a campground party when it's the right atmosphere at a campground. Also love music festivals, specifically Bluegrass where we jam and play music until 3am where the rules are flipped on their head. You want to sleep, go somewhere else. Ha! Then we head to a state park and want to enjoy some quiet. So in general I have enjoyed this thread, and while I attempted an answer a few pages ago, I quickly realized that I / we like many different types of campground all based around the expectation and why we are there. Sometimes we like it quiet, sometimes loud, sometimes lots of music, sometimes none, sometimes its just a place to sleep, and sometimes it a place we dont leave... It's the beauty of camping / RV'ing to me...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> What do you want in a campground?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.