Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Keeping part of the wet bath DRY when using the shower.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Keeping part of the wet bath DRY when using the shower.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been using this technique to keep the toilet dry since about the third trip in my Arctic Fox 811, which dates back to mid 2010.

Video - keeping the wet bath partially dry.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/19 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At first I had no desire to have a camper with a wet bath.

It didn't take long to realize that it only takes a couple of seconds to wipe everything down with a towel after taking a shower.

It ended up being no big deal for me.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/19 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use a synthetic chamois, like the "Absorber", to dry everything after a shower. Our shower has smooth, mostly seamless fiberglass walls, so it takes less than a minute to completely dry. There are some camper bathrooms with a lot of sectioned walls, seams, and crevices which are much more difficult to dry manually. The OP's idea might be a real time-saver for these folks.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/19 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the same floorplan(if you will) for the shower..I have done it your way before but the wife likes to sit on the toilet(closed) while she showers for her,below the knee's long hair, and to shave her legs.

A wet toilet don't bother me..

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

bwlyon

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/19 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a good technique, and it is an interesting feeling when you sit on a wet toilet seat to take care of business! When we were looking for a camper I initially thought I’d prefer a dry bath, but after purchasing a camper with a wet bath we like it because you can perch a foot on the toilet to wash or shave your legs. If we had to do it again we’d go with another wet bath!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/19 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But you can't sh_t, shower and shave at the same time if you take the chitter out of the equation!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never had any issues with using my wet bath. The cover on the toilet keeps the seat dry. I certainly have not used a towel to dry the walls of the shower. I have a squeegee. It takes less than a minute to wipe away most of the moisture. The remaining water will dry quickly.

I typically take Navy style showers to conserve water. I wet down, soap up and rinse off. The whole shower takes less than a gallon and the vast majority of that runs off me and down the floor drain.

billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltabravo wrote:

I've been using this technique to keep the toilet dry since about the third trip in my Arctic Fox 811, which dates back to mid 2010.

Video - keeping the wet bath partially dry.

We have always done same except we use quick dry shower curtain. We also put teak rack on floor AFTER shower so you have a dry surface to step on in stocking feet (DW).
Nice video-looks like good riding.

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

blindeyes

Manila

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also use microfiber chamois to wipe everything after a bath but I do hate it when the bowl is wet and need to wipe it. I feel like it is so dirty even though there are no stains so I would love to find a cover for that.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Keeping part of the wet bath DRY when using the shower.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.