cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fl 441

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking about using 441 south in the WPB area to stay off the turnpike to Fl City. How is the traffic on 441 between WPB area to the Deerfield area.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
7 REPLIES 7

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:
Be advised; If in a RV AND Towing the charge at each TOLL is TRIPLE!!!

Depends on what RV and what the tow is.
It is done by AXLE.
The standard charge applies to two axles, regardless of what they are ON. Many RVs pay the same toll as a car, if they have only 2 axles.
So, if you trailer is single axle, the additional axle should make the charge about double.

Can be triple but not always.

AND.....I just heard a proposal being floated to increase the charge for "toll by plate" by about 30% and it already is about 30% above the transponder rate.
The SunPass is looking better all the time.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Be advised; If in a RV AND Towing the charge at each TOLL is TRIPLE!!!
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
MARKW8 wrote:
haste maker wrote:
From what I can see on the Fl turnpike site "no cash" payment is avaible in south Fl....only "Sun Pass"....am I correct about this?

If it says no cash, it's Sunpass or they take a picture and send you a bill.

Mark

They just send a bill a couple months later.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

MARKW8
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
From what I can see on the Fl turnpike site "no cash" payment is avaible in south Fl....only "Sun Pass"....am I correct about this?

If it says no cash, it's Sunpass or they take a picture and send you a bill.

Mark

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
To begin with there are not many traffic lights but that changes before Deerfield...slow going. I recommend using I-95 to Ft Laud and then get on the TPike using I-595.. Absurd what the TPike costs in a RV. I get off it at YeaHaw and use 60 to Vero and then I-95...only a few miles further.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every small town will mean a traffic light, it will be slow. Up in N Florida 441 is a fair choice, 4 lanes and with occasional towns. But not down there. Stick to the FTP
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper