cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can of foam---where to spray?

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Hey hey, just wanted to say, I got a can of foam and wonder where to spray?

I found mouse holes and think no way!!!
Are there other places they like to play?
Can I insulate the exterior of my fridge in a clever way?
------
For real I have 2 small holes to fill at the front of my trailer. Mice were getting inside, climbing my walls and made it to my ceiling. Dont want to waste what's left in the can.
6 REPLIES 6

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
WARNING! Do NOT put steel wool in a hole with a wire going through it. Did it in my S&B and the mouse started chewing the wire insulation to get around the steel wool and was down to the bare wire. It was in a kitchen overhead cabinet, and when I opened the door I saw a flash of light as the wire was shorted out by the steel wool. Luckily, I avoided a fire. I removed the steel wool (after turning off the breaker) and filled the hole with spray foam.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Curly Kates or similar is even better than steel wool.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

elivi8
Explorer
Explorer
Where my water connections came into the trailer to the water pump and then through the floor to the tank, it came through the wall through a very flimsy plastic insert. Normally this was OK but as it got colder and if the water was cold it would condense. I fixed this by spraying foam on the inside of the plastic insert and no more problems. It might work for you as well.
2012 F-150 EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow
2019 Outdoors Timber Ridge 27BHS
490 Watts of Solar

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Boon Docker wrote:
Not sure on the fridge idea, but put some steel wool in the holes before you spray. Mice will chew through the foam if there is no steel wool.

+2

I wouldnโ€™t use that or any other insulation on the back of the fridge. It works by heating things up and needs to be able to shed that heat out the back. Insulate the wrong thing and you will kill it.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure on the fridge idea, but put some steel wool in the holes before you spray. Mice will chew through the foam if there is no steel wool.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
It will save as long as you clean the nozzle.
-- Chris Bryant