cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need ideas for Newmar Bay Star 3626

Williebago
Explorer
Explorer
We have just purchased a 2019 New Bay Star, and noticed there is no place for a kitchen trash can. The factory suggested taking out the shelf in the cabinet below the sink, which we can do, but before we do, perhaps someone has a better idea.

Also, the arm rests on the passenger side are way too high on the seat, and my wife cannot use them. We cannot see any way to adjust them, but perhaps we have not tried hard enough. Appreciate any help or ideas.
[purple]WILLIEBAGO[/purple]

2019 Newmar Baystar 3626, F53, 252"WB with 6.8L gas engine
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Toad
2 cockapoos, Jordy and Nelson, who love RVing

[purple]Go K-State Wildcats[/purple]
7 REPLIES 7

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We ran into the same issue with our Canyon Star 3911. I ended up hanging a bag on the handicap ramp betwen the kitchen and bathroom. We have a washer and dryer we will likely never use. If I could safely remove those, the cabinet they are in would be perfect
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Williebago
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all of the suggestions. Seems like the trash can issue is quite an oversight by Newmar, but creative people find ways around obstacles. Appreciate the ideas!
[purple]WILLIEBAGO[/purple]

2019 Newmar Baystar 3626, F53, 252"WB with 6.8L gas engine
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Toad
2 cockapoos, Jordy and Nelson, who love RVing

[purple]Go K-State Wildcats[/purple]

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just use a plastic grocery bag that sits in the 1 kitchen sink and is taken to the trash every night. We do have one that fits in the vanity in the bathroom, but never any food products in there. Other people have put one in the shower and just take it out when you want to use the shower. I have seen people who have a small one sitting just outside their door under the awning and it's emptied before nightfall also.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced the fixed shelf with a full slide out shelf. The shelf had a L shaped opening for the taller trash can. Remove the trash can and pull the shelf out for easy access to it's contents. The bottom shelf could also be a slide out shelf.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I got a bag hanger that fastens to the oven door. Not a perfect solution by any means, but it doesn't take a lot of space.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking at your floor plan you don’t seem to have a lot of storage space in the first place. Taking out storage just to hide a small kitchen trash can seems counter productive. BTW we have the same issue with our 2016 BSS 3004. We just opted for a trash can with a lid and placed it where it was least in the way.

If you can’t raise the arm rests perhaps a booster cushion would be acceptable?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You bought an RV without knowing EVERYTHING about it?
Dang. Good luck!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?