cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US Cellular?

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had experience with cell phone service for US Cellular? Particularly in the Yuma, Az. area?

Tried to post this on the Snowbirds page, but it is currently out of commission!
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
9 REPLIES 9

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
Cell phone companies are probably all equal. Get the lowest price for what you need.
No way. You pay for coverage.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Cell phone companies are probably all equal.

They are not. You should look into MVNOs. Mobile Virtual Network Operators. They lease from the big-name networks, and re-sell at a deeply discounted rate. Now they do not provide much tech support, so if you need a lot of hand-holding with your tech, it might not be right for you. They also don't generally allow tethering. And if you crank the amenities sky-high, it will cost you the same as if you went with Verizon directly.

But I use PagePlugCellular and am quite happy with my phone for $30 a month. I have plans for the kids that are only $15 a month. Unlimited voice, like 250 texts a month, and like 10MB data. Not much data, but you can use public wifi when you need it.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I am on Verizon, but I've been told Tracfone is changing their plan to include unlimited talk/text, some amount of data, for as low as $20 month. Nice to see competition may be starting to lower rates. I surely will shop around when my plan is up.

Jerry

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Cell phone companies are probably all equal. Get the lowest price for what you need.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Charlie D. wrote:
I use Tracfone pay as you go. Our plan uses Verizon towers.

X-2

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just spent a month in the Rockies. We have US Cellular and for the most part, we had no service. If we had any service, it would drop about half of our calls. My wife's phone worked better than mine, but not much.

In southwest Wisconsin where we live, US Cellular has the best service. I guess months a year with good service is good for us. I would personally leave my phone in the truck while we are on vacation. We checked in with family about twice a week by email.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
We have US Cellular and I don't know about Yuma but it worked fine when we were in northern Arizona a few years ago.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
I use Tracfone pay as you go. Our plan uses Verizon towers.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
when we went to Yuma we switched to Verizon. I live in Oregon and when we go places we are on roam and our batteries go fast