cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heartland TT's

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at Heartland TT's (North Trail, Wilderness and Mallard) and it seems to me that they are some of the best quality campers out there. They seem to be better built than Freedom Express which is what I was looking at before. Wadda ya think? Am I right? Any Heartland owners wanna weigh in? Thanks
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.
5 REPLIES 5

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We had a '13 North Trail. Not a bad trailer but we decided it was a bit small for us & ended up with a Grand Design Imagine. The Imagine is quieter inside during a heavy rail & the 1500W fireplace keeps it heated down to 40 degrees or so w/o the propane heater.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
My assumpton is based on the construction. All aluminium frame, fiberglass over Azdel on the 2" side walls, fully laminated floor, sealed and heated floor, foam insulation rather than spun glass. Tinted windows. I disagree that they are all made the same, some are pure junk.
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my opinion there is very little difference from one make to another if they are in the same price range and use similar construction. They mostly contract out large items such as the frame and running gear, appliances, water heaters, furnaces are the same as are windows, doors and often furniture. So what's left? Heartland is probably no better or worse than most of the others.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Flan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a prowler 27LX. Not too many problems, just keep an eye on the lap sealant they use on the roof. So far the stock tires are holding up too, trailer is a 2016. Dozens of trips through many states and no other issues to report.
Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œare some of the best quality campers out there.โ€œ

Structure? Finishes inside? Materials? Roof? Appliances? Frame? Weight? Water capacity? What impresses you?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad