Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Complete newbie needs help
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Complete newbie needs help

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Cornstalk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

guidry wrote:

Didn’t the per person who sold it to you go over everything!?

I bought it off craigslist and the trip took much longer than expected. I drove from central Illinois to northern Minnesota and arrived late at night, so the seller couldn't explain much. Thx.

Cornstalk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jplante4 wrote:

Official RV.NET Photo Posting Page

Get the pic, copy and paste the URL into your post.

I posted pics on IMGUR then put the url in my post, but when I viewed my post it just said [image] or [link]

Cornstalk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joerg68 wrote:

A generic video for a class C RV will explain many things, most information on the operation of an RV is not truck camper specific.

Thanks. I'll try searching class C instead of truck campers

Cornstalk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OldF**t wrote:

Some newbie info here:
Truck Camper Magazine

I'll check it out. Thank you.

Cornstalk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just noticed I had a message here. Someone is scanning a copy of their manual for me[emoticon]

RickW

Sacramento CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cornstalk wrote:

Just noticed I had a message here. Someone is scanning a copy of their manual for me[emoticon]

Your welcome.

Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4
04 Sunlite SB

Cornstalk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RickW wrote:

Cornstalk wrote:

Your welcome.

Thank you[emoticon]

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use the BBC code for posting the pic, not the URL link.

There are no manuals typically for any camper. There almost never is a diagram except a drawing in a glossy pamphlet showing the layout.

The only thing "truck camper" about your truck camper is that it does not have wheels, but gets chained down to the bed. Everything else is camper, so a better place to learn is in the general camper section.

Sounds like maybe this is a pop-up??? If so, then there are thing to learn there, but surely your seller told you how it goes up and down. There should be basic instructions for that part of camper. But you said"hard side" so maybe not.

All the appliances and windows and doors are camper parts, not unique to a truck camper. Just read about campers and you will learn.

If you are asking to be told everything you need to know about owning a camper, then just delete this whole thread and refer to hundreds of other threads that will contain the answer since it will take hundreds of post to give you that answer. If you have specific questions about general camper things, then post in the general camper section and get a bigger group of people to discuss with.

The unique thing about truck campers is they are chained down to the truck, otherwise it is just a camper, campers have many things in common with other camper, regardless of the brand or year made. a $2,000,000 motorhome might have the exact same water heater that your $800 TC has for example.

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/19 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Cornstalk are you near my town of Carbondale, Illinois ? If so I'll be happy to run you through the camper from front to back. You'll be chomping at the bit to hit the road when I get through ;-). Believe me its easier than you imagine.

Cornstalk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

Use the BBC code for posting the pic, not the URL link.

There are no manuals typically for any camper. There almost never is a diagram except a drawing in a glossy pamphlet showing the layout.

The only thing "truck camper" about your truck camper is that it does not have wheels, but gets chained down to the bed. Everything else is camper, so a better place to learn is in the general camper section.

Sounds like maybe this is a pop-up?

Thank you so much. That makes sense. When I read posts it seems like everyone already knows so much about mechanical & electrical things. I was a stay at home mom for most of 30+ years and didn't learn a lot about mechanical, nor electrical, stuff.

I think what I want to tackle the most is understanding the electrical system and deciding on the cheapest (yet safest) tie downs. I drove the TC home from Minnesota using ratchet straps and I wasn't 100% comfortable with the setup.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Complete newbie needs help
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.