cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Ideas

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a Fleetwood Providence, where the kitchen counter separated from the wall of motor home. I removed the kitchen range to find that the counter was screwed to wall with wood screws.They completely came out of the wall.
I tried to put heavier wood screws same length as original one but it pulled away again.

What are behind these walls beside just foam.
Any ideas on fixing it.
5 REPLIES 5

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
What was the material that the wood screws were screwed into? If wood,an old trick I learned way back. Take some sawdust mix it with wood glue to form a very thick paste. Force as much of the paste into the hole as possible, once it dries drill a polite hole for the screw. There may be some already made material however that will do the same thing.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Screws and locktite sure grip work good

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Try a stud finder. Also, if you're ever parked in a humid area overnight, the sides will sweat but the studs won't. Take a picture when that happens for later reference.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

jd620
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Fleetwood Excursion that did the same thing. If you remove all the drawers on the right side of the slide you can see where it came loose and push it back to where it needs to be and then screw it.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
It needs to be screwed into structure, so you need to find a stud. If there is a window above the counter, there will usually be framing on both sides, or there are stud finders that I believe will work on laminated walls.
-- Chris Bryant