cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After thirty years of purchasing and five RVs later!!

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
After decades and multiple purchase, I’m done!! Heck, I was one of their first customers!! I won’t go into details, nor will I whine about the HORRIBLE treatment I received after my last purchase. I will never purchase from RVWholesalers again. I would rather pay a bit more from a local dealership!! I’m absolutely disgusted !! You’re choice and you’re experience may differ, as mine did for decades. However, now buyer please be aware!! David.

You can tell from prior posts, that I hate to post warnings!!
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags
9 REPLIES 9

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Five RVs from one dealer seems pretty good. Not sure I would go back to my dealer even once 😉

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
When buying from a distance the main benefit is price. I don't expect stellar service from a large wholesale dealer like RV wholesalers. I'm not sure what transpired but for me the big gamble / trade off with taking the savings is don't expect good service after the sale
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing I use RV Wholesalers for is for price negotiation. They'll normally be thousands less than the local dealer. I show the price to the dealer and say if you can match this price, I'll buy today. Worked on my last rig.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
I cant cite any bad experiences, but we always try to support our local mom and pops unless theres a reason not to. (eg, high markups, service, etc)

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
my buddy had a bad experience too...buy local.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I understand people will be curious, and I’m willing to share via PM. Please keep in mind, I’m a man of my word. Heck, I work in the only Super Maximum Prison in the State. You’re word may be the only source that keeps you alive, trust me!! I don’t want this turning into a RVW bash session. They were great for decades, as were their products. They’ve simply way outgrown themselves considering logistics and ability to properly provide quality prep, repair and follow up customer service!! Once again, the customer service from both David and Michael Durnell was nothing less than disrespectful and painted with blatant lies. Never once was I disrespectful!! Michael on the other hand was disgraceful!! For example, it he were an Offender where I work, his attitude would get him, well you can imagine!!
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Human nature being what it is, most folks wont heed your advice without some background story but I understand your reluctance.
This forun is great at blaming victims. It's the chance we take posting here.

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll PM you about details, as I don’t want this to turn into a debate.
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Any specifics?
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab