Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Upholstery needs to be redone
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Upholstery needs to be redone

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roy&Lynne wrote:

If NW means Northwest and your around Tacoma we have a local upholsterer who only does vehicles.

Yes, north of Portland. I would like their name if you don't mind. I went by an auto shop that advertised upholstery services. Their upholstery section was in the same room as the oil change bay; quite the mess.

HydroGeo

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad get some ideas about reupholstering, but we are pretty ticked off that the Flex Steel recliner in our 2015 Newmarket Ventana LE is shedding it’s skin after only 4 years of limited use. The sofa and captain’s chairs are made of a different material and aren’t wearing out, but the recliner is a mess. What a disappointment!

2015 Newmar Ventana LE 3849, 4 slides
2010 Ford Escape hybrid, Blue Ox Partiot brake
Larry & Trudy, 1 dog, 2 bikes, 2 kayaks

beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HydroGeo wrote:

Glad get some ideas about reupholstering, but we are pretty ticked off that the Flex Steel recliner in our 2015 Newmarket Ventana LE is shedding it’s skin after only 4 years of limited use. The sofa and captain’s chairs are made of a different material and aren’t wearing out, but the recliner is a mess. What a disappointment!

On newer units like yours some manufacturers are offering good will assistance in dealing with this issue. Talk to your dealer.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

jheppner

Scotch Creek, B.C. Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/19 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also have a 2015 Ventana LE with a passenger seat that started peeling. We contacted our dealership who contacted Newmar. They replaced the driver and passenger seat for free because they said in 2015 they had had some faulty upholstery. We were very pleased with this outcome.

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/19 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any decent upholstery shop can do the job. It will save you money if you take it out and bring them the pieces. Much less than buying new and you will know what you are getting.
B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

rasmus78

united states

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 04:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have same problem with my Upholstery. It gets assaulted daily by skin oils, hair, dust, food crumbs, and spills.Even my chairs and sofas are starting to look worse. I am thinking to order this steam cleaner (https://steamcleanerhelp.com/best-steam-cleaner-furniture-upholstery/) to clean the Upholstery, sofa, and couch. What do you think?

* This post was edited 12/17/19 11:00pm by rasmus78 *

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 04:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had our captain's chairs reupholstered by a woman who does work for Mastercraft Furniture in Shipshewana. They make furniture for RV's and they handle ordering the fabric and scheduling the job. We did, however, have to remove the seats and take them to the Mastercraft store and picked them up with they were done about a week later. They explained that the original fabric is cheap and what the manufacturerers put in the coaches, so we ordered a much better quality fabric. It wasn't cheap, but still about half the price of buying two new chairs. She did a very nice job on them and we are really happy with the result.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Upholstery needs to be redone
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.