cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Petit Jean State Park, Arkansas

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
Just spent a great weekend at this park with a group of families from Church. We started making this an annual event about ten years ago. We reserve a loop in the camping area and we usually fill ten or twelve sites every year. It is close enough to home so others can drive up for the day. Some (like us) rent a cabin or stay in the lodge. Great weather, lots of hiking, tons of food cooked every way you can think of, and fun and games at night. This park is open year round, and the lodge restaurant is open every day if you do not feel like cooking. This is one of the oldest parks in the State Park system, built mostly by the CCC. If you are ever in the Central Arkansas area on I-40, check it out.
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"
8 REPLIES 8

txfamilycamper
Explorer
Explorer
We love Petit Jean, this will be our third year spending thanksgiving week there... and yes we do a whole thanksgiving meal in our TT (smoke the turkey outside in an electric smoker).
Wildwood 30KQBSS, F250 gas
Honda gen & renogy solar suitcase for dry camping

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I remember visiting Petit Jean in the 70's. Never forget as a youngin jumping and diving off the cliff. Im sure it was not as high as I remember it.

I would love to visit it again another nearly 50 years later. Everytime someone mentions it, I think about trying to make it back. One of these days.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
We are way overdue for some Arkansas.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
We made the 7 hour drive to Petit Jean a few years ago and loved it. Beautiful area, nice hiking trails and a clean, well maintained CG made well worth the trip. On the other hand, we stayed at Devil's Den state park for 3 nights on the way back and I was very disappointed.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles, Dardanelle is a very nice COE park, been there several times when we owned a TT. In fact, in all of our travels I can not remember a bad experience at any COE or Arkansas State Park. Every type of park offers its own unique qualities, finding each parks uniqueness is part of the adventure. Not all parks offer furnished handicap equipped cabins, which we now require, so Petit Jean fits our current needs....
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
we though Dardanelle was a good one, to each his own.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did not camp but visited a couple of years ago and was impressed with the park. Fabulous views. But at little too many extraneous activities for us to want to camp there.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Agree it is a great park. Been about 3 yrs since we were there but wanting to go back.