Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: The "Goodbye Room"
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> The "Goodbye Room"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry to hear about Jimmy Lord I know how hard it is to do. I have had to do it twice this year. You gave Jimmy a wonderful life and what more can a dog ask for.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the kind words, everyone - we've all had to do this at some point, I suspect. I'm also not sure how long it will take me to get out of "blind dog" mode (pushing chairs back in place, making sure there's nothing in a walking path, etc).

The good news is that Ben (6 yrs old) apparently understood the empty collar meant that Jimmy wasn't coming home; and last night offered a "play bow" and good romp with the puppy who he had been regarding as a leper until that point....LOL!

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awww, I'm so, so sorry. Yes, we too have been there so many times because of our love for dogs as well. We have two now and will probably have more.

Blessings for Jimmy and now that you have little Augie to take care, or take care of you. Lots of love to you.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone - we've all had to do this at some point, I suspect. I'm also not sure how long it will take me to get out of "blind dog" mode (pushing chairs back in place, making sure there's nothing in a walking path, etc).

The good news is that Ben (6 yrs old) apparently understood the empty collar meant that Jimmy wasn't coming home; and last night offered a "play bow" and good romp with the puppy who he had been regarding as a leper until that point....LOL!

That's good news about Ben! A 6 year old can teach a puppy how to respect.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry for your loss.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I said earlier I lost two but also added two Collie pups. Sawyer now 10 months old is teaching Sasha 12 weeks the ropes and entertaining her. Without Sawyer Sasha would be a handful.

So glad Ben is taking a interest in Augie. The amount they can teach and entertain a pup is priceless.

Try not to feel sadness when you see things that remind you of Jimmy.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Thank you - this might sound crazy but I believe their spirits continue to hang around us, so things that remind me of dogs I've loved, seem reassuring.... My Vet offers to have a pawprint made for Jimmy; plus his cremains will join a few other dogs on my bedroom dresser.

A funny story: Augie is a half-brother to my daughter Lisa's Aussiedoodle. When we picked up Augie, the breeder said that Lisa had told her that "if I (Lisa) die - I want to come back as one of my Mom's dogs" :-)

I'm glad I'm amongst dog lovers - anyone else would think I'm just batty....

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 02:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Batty no, I loving caring pet owner yes. I consider it the highest compliment when someone tells me if they pass they would like to come back as one of my Collies.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reading this makes my eyes leak. I think that my current dog will be my last, but I have said that before. The biggest problem with dogs is that they don't live long enough. Dogs are so loving and loyal, they steal my heart.

Bob & Dawn Married 31 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Thank you - this might sound crazy but I believe their spirits continue to hang around us, so things that remind me of dogs I've loved, seem reassuring.... My Vet offers to have a pawprint made for Jimmy; plus his cremains will join a few other dogs on my bedroom dresser.

A funny story: Augie is a half-brother to my daughter Lisa's Aussiedoodle. When we picked up Augie, the breeder said that Lisa had told her that "if I (Lisa) die - I want to come back as one of my Mom's dogs" :-)

I'm glad I'm amongst dog lovers - anyone else would think I'm just batty....

I agree with you on their spirits hanging around. One of my doggies in particular made her presence known for quite awhile. I've also noticed that when we adopt a new dog after looking for sometime, the new dog has certain characteristics of the one we just lost. Pretty sure I'm not imagining things because hubby tells me the same.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> The "Goodbye Room"
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS