cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPO roof adhesive

CJM1973
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small area (about 7 in × 8 in) on my coach's TPO roof that I need to re-adhere to the wood decking. I know Dicor offers a big can of their roll on adhesive (which I will never use up).

What adhesive product is recommended for a small area, safe for a TPO membrane? I know to stay away from petroleum based agents. Just need a few ounces of product.
2 REPLIES 2

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a local commercial roofer and ask them if they have any. It comes in 5 gallon pails, so bring a quart size paint can you can get at Lowes, etc. We give stuff like that away all the time to do-it-yourselfer's . While you are there, ask around for a roofer who might want to make a few extra bucks. If it's TPO like you state, he can cut it open, glue it down and weld a patch over it. Yes, you can use eternabond or a peel and stick TPO product for the patch. But if a new piece is heat welded to the area, it will again be a monolithic piece....my preference by far. Good Luck !

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you have a small bubble, HOW are you going to get the adhesive under the EPDM????? If the EPDM is in good repair, I would NOT cut a hole just to install adhesive. Why destroy the integrity of the roof seal? Monitor the bubble. If it gets larger, then cut a slit and install adhesive. Doug