cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter Problem

tandtb
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1984 Vintage Itasca. One of the breakers will not reset, and the fact that the unit is old I want to replace it. Any suggestions on which model I should purchase. The old one is 45Amp. Are they easy to install yourself or do I need an electrician to do it. Thanks for your help. Newbe here
6 REPLIES 6

tandtb
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone found the right breaker on amazon

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Push matic breakers are also easy to repalce.

Whatever kind you have First remove wire from it and see if it resets. YES the problem is down line. NO remove it to Home Depot, Lowes, Mennards. Al's hardwer. Joe's electrical supply Et-al and get a new one
I think with Push Matics you have to remove a 2nd screw been 14 years (or more) since I dealt with a push-matic.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1984 SHOULD HAVE PUSHMATIC BREAKERS. No need to replace the complete Magnetek converter. IF you are talking 120 breakers. Doug
https://www.superbreakers.net/siemens-p120-r-20-amp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxpG-p6WN5QIVgobACh001ATlEAQYBC...

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most of the breakers are common Square D. YOu turn them OFF remove the wire from the Top Tilt them towards you and the re-install is reverse.

The converter is BEHIND the breaker panel that's the power distribution box.

If it will not reset there are two possible issues
1: Bad breaker
2: Short (I actually have one of those but it's not tripping the blasted breaker. Causes other issues but it's not tripping the breaker.. I resolved it on a temp bases but it's gonna be a while before I clear it and restore everything to normal.)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You need to identify the type of converter and power center. Then I would suggest calling
Best Converter.
Installation should be very easy if you can find one very similar to what you have. I changed my converter out to a Progressive Dynamics.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker