cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping a friend look at a Class A

DaCrema
Explorer
Explorer
Friends of ours are about to retire and get into RVing. I have a 27 foot Lazy Daze Mid Bath. This RV would be to small for them. They met another friend with a Winnebago Sightseer 33c and really liked the floor plan and the slides. What other Class A RVs should they be cross shopping this one against?

I don’t believe they are interested in anything longer and would be mort comfortable with Gas Vs Diesel. The Sightseer has something in the range of 4000 lbs OCCC from the little bit of looking I had done. Sales literature is very quiet on the OCCC topic so it would be nice if you have an idea of the OCCC of the rig you suggest it would be helpful to mention that. I understand the number changes with options, but that shouldn’t be more than a few hundred lbs.

They live in the south east and most of the camping would be there. Think mostly Appellation Mountains not Rocky Mountains for climbing challenges. But I could see them doing a trip west.
4 REPLIES 4

DaCrema
Explorer
Explorer
winniman wrote:
You might get a better response if you state approx. what year of rvs you are considering, and price range. There is not much sense of someone with a 20 year old rv recommending something if you are looking at new ones. Same the other way. No point in recommending new ones, if they are looking for 10 or 15 year old rvs.

Of course. Good point Winniman.
They live in Northern GA. I suggeste between 2 hopefully 5 years old. I kind of like the used as opposed to new for deprecation and also most construction bugs should have been found, but not so old that owner neglect could have done really bad damage. They were almost ready to pull the trigger on a NEW (not titled) 2019 model year Winnebago Sightseer 33c that has sat on a lot for a while, so the price was discounted from new. I would guess that is about the upper end of the price range. But they didn't get it so that might be a bit high. They have friends who camp with them over the years, me and others, up and down the midatlantic coast, so not so worried about the RV being a State or so away for a good RV. Mostly they are trying to get their heads around what is comparable to what impressed them about the Sightseer. (kitchen, floor plan, storage).

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
You might get a better response if you state approx. what year of rvs you are considering, and price range. There is not much sense of someone with a 20 year old rv recommending something if you are looking at new ones. Same the other way. No point in recommending new ones, if they are looking for 10 or 15 year old rvs.

FireGuard
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood Southwind 32V.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

tiffy2000
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Tiffin Allegro 2000 33 with one slide and am very happy with it. It has the v10 and about 4000 lbs capacity also. We took a 7000 + mile trip with it this past summer from NH, Badlands, Custer, Yellowstone , Bryce, Zion , Las Vegas, down to San Antonio and back home. Had a nice time with very few issues.

Never wished I had anything bigger and sometimes wished it was smaller (gas stations i couldn't get into)
Norm