Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Traveling in Oregon
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

I think marijuana tends to make the party people a little quieter than alcohol does, but I am just speculating -- I don't know from personal experience!.
It does. Alcohol makes some folks very loud and belligerent.

Nutinelse2do

On the Road Where the Weather Suits Our Clothes

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it is against the law to consume in public in both Oregon, and Washington.

I think your biggest worry would be someone asking you for some of your Doritos.

What is it you are concerned about? Most people that indulge in these States are over 65. Surprise!

It’s not like it’s Woodstock and everyone is standing around smoking pot singing kubaya and chanting

If you want to worry about something, worry about impact wrenches, pooping, barking dogs, screaming kids, and not being able to find a place to park.

Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

It's now legal in Calif, too, and we have not had any problems. We have, however, heard some loud drunk folks playing music. (I know they were drunk because we saw a lot of empties in the morning.)

I think marijuana tends to make the party people a little quieter than alcohol does, but I am just speculating -- I don't know from personal experience!

Renee, if you want a quiet campground, my advice is to avoid holiday weekends, and avoid areas in easy driving distance from big cities.

Thank you.

We'll be visiting some quiet campgrounds - Skull Hollow for one - but that one is popular with the rock climbers.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nutinelse2do wrote:

I think your biggest worry would be someone asking you for some of your Doritos.

What is it you are concerned about? Most people that indulge in these States are over 65. Surprise!

It’s not like it’s Woodstock and everyone is standing around smoking pot singing kubaya and chanting

If you want to worry about something, worry about impact wrenches, pooping, barking dogs, screaming kids, and not being able to find a place to park.

As I indicated in my post, a co-worker was in CO and in a downtown area, the second hand smoke was heavy. That's what I want to avoid. The majority of responses here confirmed that we don't have to worry.

Nutinelse2do

On the Road Where the Weather Suits Our Clothes

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

Nutinelse2do wrote:

As I indicated in my post, a co-worker was in CO and in a downtown area, the second hand smoke was heavy. That's what I want to avoid. The majority of responses here confirmed that we don't have to worry.

I’m pretty sure your co- worker was exaggerating. It is illegal to consume in public in any State where it is legal, so think that was a made up story.

Campfires create 50x the stink and smoke

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nutinelse2do wrote:

I’m pretty sure your co- worker was exaggerating. It is illegal to consume in public in any State where it is legal, so think that was a made up story.
x2

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nutinelse2do wrote:

ReneeG wrote:

Nutinelse2do wrote:

Campfires create 50x the stink and smoke

Not this co-worker.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I remember from college is that pot smokers tend to be mellow and drunks are where most of the problems come from.
Like the poster above said, guard your doritos tho.

dennis1

Seattle, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watch out in USFS campgrounds. Still not legal by US GOVERNMENT LAND. Saw a forest service ranger issue a ticket.

My new DRW and camper on the truck the first time.

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drunks are far more troublesome.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS