cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Cover

BC4277
Explorer
Explorer
How many of you use a RV Cover? If so, what kind? Any recommendations?

Two years ago I bought an Elements Cover from CW, so it has been on our TT for two Colorado winters (a total of 10 months). It is coming apart at a couple seems and the backing material is disintegrating. In reading the reviews, these are common complaints. It has a two year warranty, but I don't have the receipt. So, I doubt CW will do anything.

Thanks, Bryan
2017 Freedom Express 192RBS
Fastway E2 Trunion Hitch
2003 Tundra 4.7

Where ever I am,
is where I'm supposed to be
21 REPLIES 21

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Well since this thread derailed, HOA's are a joke. I live in a non HOA neighborhood. All the houses are well kept, no junk parked everywhere, grass manicured and I can keep my MH in my driveway as long as I like. My property my rules! I specifically bought non HOA. To me an HOA reduces the property values!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
humblerb wrote:
drsteve wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Steve, that's why I told my Realestate agent NO HOA's.

S

Because HOAs are invariably run by busybodies and power trippers. I find it to be a ridiculous concept. Agree to let your neighbors tell you what to do? No thanks.

Sorry to derail the thread (or continue the derailing), but HOAs are not run by busybodies and power trippers. They are run by residents who have a copy of the agreement that is supplied to and signed by every homeowner who lives in the neighborhood.
HOAs are designed to keep neighborhoods from becoming eyesores and protect home values.
We have next door neighbors who have complained that they moved to our neighborhood (and out of the city) so the could do whatever they want. Whatever they want includes parking half a dozen cars in their yard, having a dirt path beside their driveway to get in and out because they have 8-10 cars at their house often, storing their wine cooler on their front porch, mowing every 4-6 weeks, whether the yard needs it or not in Houston, etc.
They signed an agreement to abide by the rules in the covenant when they purchased their house. Now they are upset because they didn't actually read them and aren't allowed to live like trash.
You don't want to live by HOA rules? Just don't buy in a neighborhood that has one and sign the agreement, then complain about the rules you agreed to.
And No, I am not on the HOA board nor do I have any intentions of joining. But I do intend to abide by the rules I agreed to when I bought my house and I expect my neighbors to do likewise.

Totally agree.
The people who complain about HOA's are usually the selfish ones who have zero respect for their neighbors or even their own yards.

Keep the ghetto in the ghetto, and the Billy's on their Hills.

I like my neighborhood clean and classy.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Here's mine. The other side is right up against a fence, so I don't have room for a permanent enclosure unfortunately. It is shrink wrapped with a peaked structure added for run off. I've also added ventilation so I can occupy it as necessary.

2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
This is what my 07 trailer looked like when I traded it in this year. Covered all its life during the winter. Decals were still like new, no fading or cracking. The roof was nearing replacement or at least coating it. I’ve seen other trailers not covered and they look like they’ve been through a war! I did however wax mine once a year and wash it before every trip.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
No Covers ever. Too hard to handle. I also live in an HOA and respect the rules of no RV's in the development. We love where we live here in Sedona and the beauty of RED ROCK COUNTRY is astounding!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

humblerb
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
ScottG wrote:

S

Because HOAs are invariably run by busybodies and power trippers. I find it to be a ridiculous concept. Agree to let your neighbors tell you what to do? No thanks.

Sorry to derail the thread (or continue the derailing), but HOAs are not run by busybodies and power trippers. They are run by residents who have a copy of the agreement that is supplied to and signed by every homeowner who lives in the neighborhood.
HOAs are designed to keep neighborhoods from becoming eyesores and protect home values.
We have next door neighbors who have complained that they moved to our neighborhood (and out of the city) so the could do whatever they want. Whatever they want includes parking half a dozen cars in their yard, having a dirt path beside their driveway to get in and out because they have 8-10 cars at their house often, storing their wine cooler on their front porch, mowing every 4-6 weeks, whether the yard needs it or not in Houston, etc.
They signed an agreement to abide by the rules in the covenant when they purchased their house. Now they are upset because they didn't actually read them and aren't allowed to live like trash.
You don't want to live by HOA rules? Just don't buy in a neighborhood that has one and sign the agreement, then complain about the rules you agreed to.
And No, I am not on the HOA board nor do I have any intentions of joining. But I do intend to abide by the rules I agreed to when I bought my house and I expect my neighbors to do likewise.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Calmark Covers are the best, but not cheap.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
“Tell me that I cannot park my RV in my own yard and I will get cranky in short order. Its my yard. I will park whatever I want.....”

No, Steve, you agreed to those restrictions BEFORE buying in. Your word is your bond.

I understand.That is precisely why I do not live in a place with a HOA. I tried it back in the '80s and realized in short order that we didn't fit.

I have an independent streak that comes out when I see, what I consider, ridiculous rules and regulations.

Back to the topic at hand:

OP: I didn't catch your location. If you have wet Winter weather, and go with a cover, I would suggest a dehumidifier.

The cover I used was vented to avoid moisture build up. It didn't. Perhaps the Western Washington weather was just too much.

I went to take the cover off the first Spring I found mold in a couple of spots. Before winterizing again I bought a dehumidifier and plumbed the drain outside. Problem solved.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

S

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Big old tarp for me, usually bought from the local hardware store. I am on, I think, my 3rd tarp since getting the camper. As previously posted (goes for all types of covers) watch the corners, secure it without making it too tight, use ALL grommets and securing points, and it will last years.

BUT - they don't last forever. And YES - I am jealous of those with RV "carports"... lol!

I try to wait as long as possible before putting on the tarp, colder the weather the less amount of condensation / mold under the tarp. I've not had an issue with condensation or mold on my camper (yet, at least).

Covers designed specifically for RVs are better and nicer - especially the ones with a "door" built in so it is easy to access the camper. Being cheap or whatever, tarps have worked for me.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I used my ADCO for 12 years. It had holes in some corners but still worked fine and I would use one again with the new TT but I built a carport.

Gratuitous show off pic 😮

That is a nice carport - I'm jealous. :C
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Sunshield tarp. black side up in the winter and silver side up in the summer. Search this Forum for more posts on this tarp.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I used an Adco cover for 10 years, that's 2 covers. I could only get 5 years out of them. But for the price i was happy. When I traded it in the dealer only seen pics of it till I brought it in for trade. He was amazed at how clean it was. Even my decals were still like new after 13 years as well as the shine on the siding.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

S