cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup camera

smithrjd
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure this has been discussed before, and I did look around in the search section. Does anyone have a wireless system on a 35' 5th wheel that works well? Looking at Furrion, Emmako, and others. The Furrion is a bit different and much more expensive. All of the others seem to be pretty similar. Seems distance and what is between the camera and monitor is the issue. I am guessing I would be around 40'. 2011 Jayco Eagle, so nothing pre installed.
8 REPLIES 8

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
FWIW, my cousins, who are rebuilding a bus into an RV, bought a Lorax video system from Costco. They plan on having a total of 7 cameras in, and around, the coach. 🙂 See www.beginningfromthismorning.com for the full build.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
smithrjd wrote:
I am sure this has been discussed before, and I did look around in the search section. Does anyone have a wireless system on a 35' 5th wheel that works well? Looking at Furrion, Emmako, and others. The Furrion is a bit different and much more expensive. All of the others seem to be pretty similar. Seems distance and what is between the camera and monitor is the issue. I am guessing I would be around 40'. 2011 Jayco Eagle, so nothing pre installed.

The tick for good range is a good 12V supply to the camera. Our 2017 Bighorn that is 39'4" long came with the Furrion mount pre-installed and hard wired to 12V from a sconce light on the back wall next to the window. I installed a second switch on the light so I could turn the camera off when not in use.

Never had range issues. I could drive 600' plus from the trailer and still have reception at the display in the CC truck. We parked the Bighorn at our NW park and moved the camera to a TT we bought that had the mount and camera wired to the clearance lights. With LED lighting on the TT the camera works fine.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
For those with the Furrion Observation camera, do you have the side cameras? My trailer came prepped for them and they look pretty cool.

Watching video reviews online it appears the 4 camera view only stays visible for about 10 seconds, making it pretty useless as a guide while driving though.

The 4th camera would be useful in the garage watching the cargo or bed of the truck to help hitch up.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
i have the furrion wireless system on our current 38ft TT. i originally had it on our previous 33ft TT. i have been pleased with it. rarely drops signal as is with no booster.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Furion on our camper, so far it is working fine. 41' fifth wheel

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
My 38' Signature 5th wheel came with the Furrion Observation camera. I have the antenna signal booster in my front basement and have had no dropouts or frame freezes......which I did have before buying this.

I'm very happy with my system.

Good Luck.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

smithrjd
Explorer
Explorer
The Halo looks good, about the same as the Emmako. All of them state a distance standing still in the clear, what I am concerned about is the distance when traveling at towing speedes.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
You want the Haloview MC7108. It has about 1000 feet of range. I have a couple of these cameras and so far I'm very happy with them..... make sure you get the MC7108 though.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5