cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Grand Design 320G came in!

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
Custom ordered and it came in 8 weeks as promised.

We are really excited to take it for our maiden voyage next month on our Honeymoon.

Opted for pretty much all options, except for king bed, dual pane windows and solar.

We put the goosebox on in the camper parking lot and it was so easy to hook and unhook.

Here she is hooked up to my 2500.

I will get some more pictures once she's actually all opened up and and in use.
20 REPLIES 20

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from the maiden voyage. 2 weeks, 2500 miles. Camper performed flawlessly. Only "real" issue was the door to the garage would not stay closed while moving. I stuck a cardboard box between the door and strap for the cycle to keep it closed during transit.

As for the comment on the double pane windows, I don't think it was necessary, especially at the $2000+ cost plus the added weight. Maybe if we were full-timing. Most nights it was high 20s and one night it got into the high teens. Camper stayed warm with the fire place and furnace set to 70. The floor was really the only cold part of the whole camper.

The ram 2500 performed better than expected. The airbags seemed to really help from what I can tell. I ran 35lbs and it was the sweet spot. I carried about 100 gallons of freshwater the whole trip to offset the weight of the cycle in the rear. The only thing I will change with the setup is to get more aggressive gearing on the truck. The factory 3.42s are OK for the flat lands, but it's lacking a little on grades over 5%. I think some 3.73/4.11s will work the turbo less resulting in better MPGs too. I would like to lower the front a notch on the hitch, but I am afraid it would be too close to the bed. I am current sitting about 6" which is what everyone says it should be... It seemed to tow ok so maybe it's fine.

I will do a full report when I get a chance. Here's a couple pictures in the mean time.

ljbsvt
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and Congrats!!
2011 F-250 6.7 Lariet CC/SB Loaded
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2015 Grand Designs Momentum
Pullrite Superglide
2004 KTM 525 MXC - Mine
2006 Polaris Preditor 500 - Her's
2007 Raptor 700R - Mine
2018 Maverick X3 XRS - ours 🙂
Member ASA, CORVA

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
RoyBell wrote:
Opted for pretty much all options, except for dual pane windows

That would have been the most important option for me, and a lot of other people that camp in spring or fall, or wet weather.
Bob

jbc28
Explorer
Explorer
RoyBell wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Congrats!
GD trailers are some of my favorite styles. They just do modern looking quality looking, right.

Maiden voyage is the honeymoon?
You gonna name it the stabbin' cabin??
Congrats on that too!

Yes sir. Been moving up from our pop-up, 28' quad bunk and now this beaut. We are getting married in 2 weeks. Timing wise I thought, hey, why don't we break it in proper. She liked the idea so we are booked now. 2200 mile loop to the Smokies and back.

We just returned from the Smokies. We stayed at Greenbrier Campground for this trip. It was nice.

Check your level up jack bolts before breaking it in proper...lol. None of the bolts on my 381 and my buddy's 351 were torqued properly. We both had some that were finger tight.
2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
2019 Momentum 381M

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Nice setup. Congrats!
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Congrats!
GD trailers are some of my favorite styles. They just do modern looking quality looking, right.

Congrats on that too!

Yes sir. Been moving up from our pop-up, 28' quad bunk and now this beaut. We are getting married in 2 weeks. Timing wise I thought, hey, why don't we break it in proper. She liked the idea so we are booked now. 2200 mile loop to the Smokies and back.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Congrats!

Congrats on that too!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
RoyBell wrote:
I ordered the Reese Goosebox. You swap out the king pin for the Goosebox. Lippert will honor your frame warranty if you use this piece.

That's good to hear, a number of people had issues so glad you knew about the warranty of it! Enjoy!

That is indeed good news, wonder if Lippert has added more gussets to the pin area
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
She's a real beaut. How long until you can take her out and get dirty?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ijon1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking rig.

jbc28
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice!
2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
2019 Momentum 381M

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new rig!
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Y-Guy
RoyBell wrote:
I ordered the Reese Goosebox. You swap out the king pin for the Goosebox. Lippert will honor your frame warranty if you use this piece.

That's good to hear, a number of people had issues so glad you knew about the warranty of it! Enjoy!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. seriously thinking about the OEM Furrion cameras now since they are plug and play.

Y-Guy wrote:
Congrats! Did Grand Design work with you on the Gooseneck setup?

I ordered the Reese Goosebox. You swap out the king pin for the Goosebox. Lippert will honor your frame warranty if you use this piece. The future Mrs and myself pulled the old one off and got the reese installed in about an hour. Wasn't too bad really.

https://www.reeseprod.com/products/pin-boxes/goose-box/gooseneck-rv-coupler/Jsbr87GrqXnapVUQgaaYyvax6qakN26Y

I didn't have the 5th wheel prep, so putting in the goose ball was pretty simple and leaves a clean bed now. I will have to take it out next weekend and see how turning radius is with the shortbed and standard ball. I was able to back into my driveway without any issues though.

This was my first time towing anything that wasn't a bumper pull. Other than being a hair bouncier over rough roads, it was pretty silent back there. It's about twice the weight of my last camper for reference.